Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voodle

Quote from: ImagineKate on February 05, 2015, 06:13:19 PM

Who did this? Yeson or someone else?

Ok nevermind it is yeson.

However maybe I'm not listening properly but your "old voice" doesn't really sound different from the trained one. It sounds good. Maybe I ought to listen closer.
Yep, Yeson did the surgery. And um yeah, my 'old voice' haha, it goes deeper than that but I suppose using my trained voice for that long makes it harder to get there. It certainly goes deeper when my voice gets tired or I overuse it / get dehydrated.

Quote from: Rachelicious on February 06, 2015, 01:50:35 AM
So you're complaining, specifically, that after the doctor's pills ran out, you ran into vocal issues? Has anyone else here experienced something similar?

Also, you keep referring to lots of effort, but mention that the coughs etc. are feminized. How much are do you really have to work this vs just use your voice and appropriate resonance?

Obviously there's practice in pitch flexability, that's a given. But are you really having to cram your voice into the upper register? It doesn't sound like it, if so. You're using parts of a range far above what a guy would have.
I'm kind of rambling, in the video. I suppose what I'm saying is that Clonazepam is not a great drug to take on a regular basis just to sound better and I had a nasty surprise when I ran out of it. I do wonder if anyone else has experienced this?
And you are kind of right about the pitch thing, I just don't 'like' my voice particularly, there are aspects of it that weren't in this video that don't sound good.

Quote from: ReDucks on February 05, 2015, 07:12:54 PM
Voodle, I think you sound and look wonderful.  You seem to be a bit prone to getting down on yourself, in this case, I don't think you have a reason to.  I hope you will find some self love and acceptance to help you get over this.  Count me as someone who would be pleased with either your old voice (and over the moon for your new one) or your FFS results.  You look and sound totally feminine and female :)
Quote from: KimSails on February 05, 2015, 08:49:49 PM
I have to agree.  I think you look and sound like a cis-female. no question.  My wife overheard your voice and said the same thing. 
Kim :)
Thank you :) I have trouble with thinking my voice sounds good, especially listening to other people's results with the voice surgery.
  •  

ImagineKate

I think comparing it to Jenny's and Jmi's is unrealistic as they seem to have more of their vocal chords tied off so unless you request that I don't think you'll have that kind of result.. I've seen other YouTube videos and they seem to be more in line with your voice.

Either way after I'm done I'm going to have some sessions with a voice coach.
  •  

Charlotte2

Quote from: voodle on February 05, 2015, 04:16:25 PM
And I have finally worked up the courage to post a video of me speaking, behold, a sub-par voice surgery result!

I have no idea what to do really, I still don't like how my voice sounds, but it's sort of good enough, but I don't think it's good enough and it still hits low pitches far too easily.

the result of this stupid surgery and my stupid screwed up ffs result are really getting me down lately - I wish I could have surgery like normal people and just have a good result afterwards but no, everything has to go wrong.
Hi Voodle,
Just wanted to say I think you sound great. I think your voice sounds very clear and very polished. Even when you try speaking at lower pitch you have a cis-woman's timbre. So, yeah, cis no question. :)
I think I remember you got 1/2 of your cords tied off. Have you had a camera down there since surgery?

Charlotte
  •  

barbie

Quote from: KimSails on February 05, 2015, 08:49:49 PM
I have to agree.  I think you look and sound like a cis-female. no question.  My wife overheard your voice and said the same thing. 

Kim :)

+1

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

anjaq

Voodle, I think your voice sounds very good in all the video. But yes of course when you try to do the old voice it sounds a bit different - to most it probably will just sound like a woman trying to be a bit more masculine like some businesswomen do or like some women do if they try to speak like a guy. I think the timbre is not male at all which is a big gain. I dont know your pitch pre and post op, you would have to provide a pre op "original voice and trained voice" recording to compare for that.

But what did you mean by having to re-learn how to feminize your voice post op? Did the old changed ways to use your voice not work anymore?

I like your pitch actually - it is not as high as Jenny or Jamie or Olivia, but I actually think it is fine - I personally would not even want a pitch that is in the 240 Hz or more range ;)

So what are you doing now to change your voice - how mucn consious effort do you have to put into it and is it straining your voice? Did you have any situations since the VFS where people asked you if you are trans or misgenderd you based on the voice? I highly would doubt it...

•  

ImagineKate

I had a chance to view voodle's video again with good quality headphones. I can sense a wee bit of resonance in the "old" voice but it really does not sound bad at all. The resonance may be exacerbated by the room acoustics.

Either way I am surprised that the voice would not pass. I do have questions though.

You said you coughed once you woke up because of phlegm. Do they tell you how to prevent this? I'm wondering how exactly they prevent one from "coughing away £7000 surgery result." When they did the follow up, did they see it damaged or something? I'm just wondering if the coughing had something to do with it or if it's just the surgery itself that you weren't happy with.
  •  

Wynternight

And I have finally worked up the courage to post a video of me speaking, behold, a sub-par voice surgery result!

I have no idea what to do really, I still don't like how my voice sounds, but it's sort of good enough, but I don't think it's good enough and it still hits low pitches far too easily.

the result of this stupid surgery and my stupid screwed up ffs result are really getting me down lately - I wish I could have surgery like normal people and just have a good result afterwards but no, everything has to go wrong.

You sound and look absolutey lovely.
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

mmmmm

Hey. Based on your before/after photos on FFS-Support group and this video, I can't say I understand what you mean by screwed up FFS result. You look really pretty, and I mean that seriously, not just to make you feel better. Maybe you had different expectations. I remember you mentioned a dent in the forehead, but it's definitely not a huge problem. Maybe not big enough to revise the forehead area just because of that. It would make more sense if you had also other problems in that area, but your orbital rims and expression change really works fine. A subtle rhinoplastly would maybe change some things for you. You need to understand that dr. Bart does a plenty good job as far as feminization goes, but doesn't seem to be worried the same about beauty and aesthetics. You can see that on most of his patients, with the main indicator being poorly done nose work (as far as beauty approach goes, not feminization!) or lack of it, as it is with your case. His approach to this side of things was the reason why I crossed him out very early in the decision/research process, despite the Belgium being the nearest option and his very reasonable prices.   
  •  

Eveline

voodle, I watched your video, and i see a very attractive women with a wonderfully female voice.

If I had watched the video without knowing about your transition, I would never have guessed.

Honestly, I hope my voice sounds a good as yours someday...
Eveline

Twitter: @evelineacarr
Facebook: eveline.a.carr
LinkedIn: evelinecarr

•  

anjaq

Ice cream sounds very good :)

Voodle - I listened to your video but could not really hear a 120 Hz part - when do you reach that 120 Hz? Is it when you try to sing a note and go as low as possible? Was that at 120 Hz before the surgery as well? For me it is presently about 75-80 Hz, so if it goes up to 120 it would already be a gain for me :)

•  

ImagineKate

Thank you voodle.

And again you have a beautiful voice, sounds unmistakably like a beautiful young English cis woman. No doubt whatsoever about it sounding female.
  •  

ImagineKate

I am scheduled!!!

Can't wait. Meanwhile I'm prepping myself physically, losing some more weight, getting all my numbers in line (they mostly are).
  •  

ShadowCharms

You look and sound lovely. If your video had not been about transitioning, I never in a million years would have guessed that you weren't a cisgender woman. If I could ever achieve results even remotely close to as good as yours, I would be thrilled. Even when you go into your "low" voice, you still sound like a cis woman to me. I know some cisgender women who have voices lower than your "low" voice, and no one ever cares how they sound.

I know a lot about being hard on oneself, and I know that it can be hard to stop picking out all of the littlest flaws and making them into something bigger than they are. I think you're great just the way you are.
Just when the caterpillar thought its world was coming to an end, it became a butterfly.
- Proverb

•  

ImagineKate

So is anyone else going to be in Seoul in June? That's when I'm scheduled.

Looking for hotels and flights but I have time.
  •  

LittleMarmaid

Good Evening Ladies,
So far I was going around trought my girlfriend profile. Now I created mine 'cause I feel the need to share my experience at Yeson Voice Center.
I scheduled and had my feminization voice surgery after all positive reviews here and video on youtube.
My experience is negative in term of results and in term of human experience
Does anyone had no results or I am the only?
"you shall love your neighbour as yourself"
  •  

kwala

Quote from: LittleMarmaid on February 12, 2015, 01:48:03 PM
Good Evening Ladies,
So far I was going around trought my girlfriend profile. Now I created mine 'cause I feel the need to share my experience at Yeson Voice Center.
I scheduled and had my feminization voice surgery after all positive reviews here and video on youtube.
I'm so sorry to hear that.  Can you go into detail about what you disliked about the experience?  Did your voice not change at all?  Did it not change enough?  Were the staff not courteous? 
  •  

voodle

Quote from: LittleMarmaid on February 12, 2015, 01:48:03 PM
Good Evening Ladies,

I thought I had a really bad result initially, the botox and my lack of voice training meant my pitch hadn't gone up at all and I was as displeased if not more so than you are. Also I don't enjoy Korea but that was admittedly a very difficult time for me (since I hadn't gone full time yet).
Give it time, although it will be interesting to hear how you sound and how long it has been since your voice surgery. Are you still taking clonazepam?
Also if things aren't working out, definitely see a speech therapist - I finally saw one the other day and she had some really good suggestions about how I can improve my voice :)

Also Also!! Wow thank you everyone, it's good to have some reassurance that my voice is okay, I worry about it because I don't get a lot of positive feedback IRL (or any, hah) so I judge how I sound quite harshly.
I've become aware that there are some things I can improve on by learning to use my voice correctly, apparently I've been making it too breathy and the tone/intonation is off but now I have some idea of what I'm doing I can work on it :)
  •  

voodle

Quote from: ImagineKate on February 06, 2015, 10:13:33 AM
I had a chance to view voodle's video again with good quality headphones. I can sense a wee bit of resonance in the "old" voice but it really does not sound bad at all. The resonance may be exacerbated by the room acoustics.

Either way I am surprised that the voice would not pass. I do have questions though.

You said you coughed once you woke up because of phlegm. Do they tell you how to prevent this? I'm wondering how exactly they prevent one from "coughing away £7000 surgery result." When they did the follow up, did they see it damaged or something? I'm just wondering if the coughing had something to do with it or if it's just the surgery itself that you weren't happy with.

Haha that particular attempt at sounding like my old voice didn't really work - I found some old recordings actually:
Right before the surgery, tired: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0a8yakZNwoB
Three weeks after the surgery, this is why I was disappointed: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1D6FdqlEhpv
Three months after the surgery, sounds okay but could sound better: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1b1l3IIdtkN
Listening to these again really made me appreciate that I should've got some guidance on my voice a lot sooner but I was a really depressed mess throughout 2013 so it didn't happen.

I was reading another woman's blog of her experience at yeson, she had surgery a week or two ago, apparently they give a cough suppressant now. I know that the coughing stretched things BUT we did confirm that my vocal chords had healed up normally (as far as anyone could tell) and that in combination with the botox most likely caused the lackluster pitch increase. Since then though, the botox has long since worn off and my vocal chords have healed up so I can appreciate that my pitch did go up, so I'm slowly getting over my issues with the surgery.

For future reference, if someone is upset about their result from a voice surgery, please tell them to go see a speech therapist rather than telling them they screwed up.
Also I found out last year that a bad coughing fit can make my pitch drop temporarily, but it does go back up (for now haha).
  •  

ImagineKate

I do appreciate it, voodle. I am excited but nervous.
  •  

LittleMarmaid

Quote from: kwala on February 12, 2015, 02:41:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that.  Can you go into detail about what you disliked about the experience?  Did your voice not change at all?  Did it not change enough?  Were the staff not courteous?
The voice is exactly the same, I was not expecting an huge results as other girls shown on youtube but at least a noticiable difference. I'd like to write a specific post about my experience at Ye-son Voice Center but I found that they are not Transgender oriented in their standard of care, they are not genuinely interested in Transgender community
"you shall love your neighbour as yourself"
  •