Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

2 days orchie post-op

Started by Reagan, June 02, 2013, 04:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reagan

Well I'm recovering from my orchie that was done on Friday. It went really well not much swelling. The pain is mild and manageable.
I'm seriously thankful for frozen peas at this point. lol

My surgeon said I will be fine for SRS and shouldn't have any issues as far as scaring and that everything went really well. That was one of my fears going into this. I just didn't want to jeopardize SRS in any way. I have also been told that the orchie will help progress my transition because I have been having a difficult time controlling my T levels. Some of my friends that have done it prior to SRS and have had great results. I'm glad it's over with. So hopeful in the next couple of years my insurance will cover SRS and I will be able tot get that done.

Well the good news for now is that I'm able to at least change my gender marker on my drivers license. So I'm pretty happy for that.
No matter how big or small, to take steps everyday is progress. ~Me
The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself. ~Mark Twain
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Whatever you are, be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
  •  

Tristan

Congrats a orchi is a big step. I'm glad your going to be able to recover well :)
  •  

Reagan

•  

Tiffanie

Heather

Quote from: Reagan on June 02, 2013, 04:35:03 AM
Well I'm recovering from my orchie that was done on Friday. It went really well not much swelling. The pain is mild and manageable.
I'm seriously thankful for frozen peas at this point. lol

My surgeon said I will be fine for SRS and shouldn't have any issues as far as scaring and that everything went really well. That was one of my fears going into this. I just didn't want to jeopardize SRS in any way. I have also been told that the orchie will help progress my transition because I have been having a difficult time controlling my T levels. Some of my friends that have done it prior to SRS and have had great results. I'm glad it's over with. So hopeful in the next couple of years my insurance will cover SRS and I will be able tot get that done.

Well the good news for now is that I'm able to at least change my gender marker on my drivers license. So I'm pretty happy for that.
I'm glad your orchie went well Regan I didn't realize an orchie is all it takes to change your gender marker on your driver license.  :)  :eusa_dance: Anyways I hope you have a speedy recovery and its nice to see your back on susan's.
  •  

Just Shelly

Congrats on the loss!! :)

They say that when you die and go to heaven....everything you ever lost in life is returned back to you. Boy I sure hope its not true!! :)

I have thought of having an orchi done as well....only cause I would like to get off the spiro. Its not that it bothers me much but would be nice to take less pills. I really don't feel the need otherwise......my testes have shrunk and descended back to what it would be like pre puberty....its as if they are gone already!! :)
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Quote from: Heather on June 03, 2013, 12:14:06 AM
I'm glad your orchie went well Regan I didn't realize an orchie is all it takes to change your gender marker on your driver license.  :)  :eusa_dance: Anyways I hope you have a speedy recovery and its nice to see your back on susan's.

Not only your DL, but if the doctor writes the letter correctly you can even change your marker with the SSA.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Just Shelly

Where I live I was able to change my marker when I had my legal name change....I can also get my birth certificate changed with my legal name change.....though I believe it will only be amended and the original name and sex will still remain also on it :(
  •  

Heather

Quote from: Ms. OBrien CVT on June 03, 2013, 12:22:35 AM
Not only your DL, but if the doctor writes the letter correctly you can even change your marker with the SSA.
That's awesome! Sounds like I might get rid of that pesky M sooner than planed! ;D
  •  

Reagan

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the doctors office writes the letters so that you can get your documentation changed with little hassle. I will receive my letter during my follow up visit this Friday.  I haven't gotten my DL changed since my name change last month so I'm excited to have everything finally changed and correct.
  •  

Heather

Quote from: Reagan on June 03, 2013, 02:27:53 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure that the doctors office writes the letters so that you can get your documentation changed with little hassle. I will receive my letter during my follow up visit this Friday.  I haven't gotten my DL changed since my name change last month so I'm excited to have everything finally changed and correct.
Thats awesome Reagan! I know I can't wait to get everything changed over to my new name. Well when I get it that is! Anyway congrats! :)
  •