Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I now understand why women complain so much

Started by CosmicJoke, June 28, 2015, 03:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicJoke

Looking and feeling beautiful is soo worth it, but it's just soo much upkeep! I now take much longer in the shower, especially taking extra care of my long hair.
I want to keep everything nice, but some days I'm just too tired and not up to it. I now understand why women complain, It really is alot of work! I left the dreadful times behind me, but now that time is filled with beauty upkeep :-)
Did any of you other girls come to this breakthrough of the veil of womanhood? Lol.
  •  

Ms Grace

I pretty much decided I'd only spend an extra 10 minutes a day bothering with that stuff. Makes me feel good about myself but I'm not going to overdo it and most of the women I know don't either. It's only a drag if I'm unwell or running late. It took me about a month of being full time to get it from 20 minutes down to 10 minutes so practice makes quicker (still worming on perfect).
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Mariah

I knew it coming in, but it is worth. It's taken time to cut down on the time necessary to get ready, but I enjoy and I'm proud of how I look when I'm done. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Cynobyte

Went from 40 years of no hair to hair.  There are days I look at my clippers and just miss them:)  maybe I should and just get a wig?  But its the little things that make me feel good about myself;)
  •  

pretty pauline

Quote from: CosmicJoke on June 28, 2015, 03:08:02 PM
Looking and feeling beautiful is soo worth it, but it's just soo much upkeep! I now take much longer in the shower, especially taking extra care of my long hair.
I want to keep everything nice, but some days I'm just too tired and not up to it. I now understand why women complain, It really is alot of work! I left the dreadful times behind me, but now that time is filled with beauty upkeep :-)
Did any of you other girls come to this breakthrough of the veil of womanhood? Lol.

I expected the extra upkeep, but it's so worth it, a part of womanhood that no man will ever understand, hubby gets a 10 min hair cut it's a chore, but if I spent 2 hours on a Saturday getting my hair done, styled and colored with highlights it's a pampered experience, I don't care how long it takes, I might spoil myself getting my nails done, beauty upkeep does take time, but it's a labour of love.
If your going thru hell, just keep going.
  •  

Rebecca

Defo spend a lot more time on myself but love every moment of it. Especially when being looked after by others that is a real treat. :)

Anything that can be looked after is looked after these days.

Like the adverts say "because you're worth it".
  •  

Cindy

Daily maintenance is just practice. I have my own hair that decides every night while I'm asleep to go wild. But my morning routine, shower, clothes, hair, makeup takes 20 mins max.

Makeup: moisturiser (Olay with a hint of foundation, a pat of mineral makeup (Nude mineral makeup). Hair, use clips to separate into sections, spray on heat protector, comb with a wide tooth, hair iron. Done.
Clothes; basic everyday professional, chosen the night before (yes I change my mind :laugh:). No fashion model.
Done.
I make my lunch the day before ( a salad with either cheese or lean cold meat as protein).
Cup of tea, a toasted muffin, into the car. Gone!

In the past: Hangover, find the head ache tablets. Coffee. Feel like crap. Try to remember that last time I had a wash, do I smell too bad? Cut myself shaving. Find the least dirty shirt and jeans.
Crawl into the car, feel sick. Bits of tissue paper hanging off my face.
Get to work, lock the office door and hope no one sees me.

Guess which I prefer!

•  

IdontEven

I was just saying the other day how if I add too much more to my weekly grooming routine I'm going to lose entire days/weekends to it. During the week I tend to be pretty fast about it, but 1 day a week or so I manage to kill about half a day doing various things to my hair skin and nails.

It's one of the few things that makes me feel better about myself though. So meh, it's worth it!
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
  •  

RobynD

I easily spend an extra 20-30 minutes in the morning, compared to before. It is very worth it to me to feel more feminine every day. Like this morning i was wearing white jeans, blue top and sandals combo and i just had to change my nail polish to match my top, because a shade i have is a perfect blue match.

On weekend days i sometime spend hours trying out different things, time permitting.

•  

Eva Marie

I knew what I was getting into when I transitioned. With practice i've cut the time required down considerably, but on those days when I wash my hair I know it's going to take extra time to dry it and style it. I'll never complain about the extra time since I never thought it would recover enough for me to not need a wig.

I see the beauty routine as a price of admission, a right of passage, and a privilege that I have as a woman.
  •  

Cindi Jones

I suppose I've never really noticed the extra attention I put into getting ready. I love fixing my hair. And makeup is pretty simple since I ignore my eyes. I just lightly apply some blush and lip gloss. Many women don't use makeup of any kind these days so I'm very comfortable with what I do.
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Michelle_P

Honestly, I look forward to taking on this burden.   (And losing the shaving!  I hate beards and stubble.  Fortunately, I'm almost hairless except for the face and South Pole.   ;) )
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Emileeeee

I don't like doing any of it, but I do anyway because I like the way I look when I do it. If you asked my wife, she'd tell you women do that stuff when they want to get some.
  •  

barbie

Just shortening my hair allowed me to save 2 hours for drying it every morning. And most people say I look prettier and more feminine with short hair, but I still miss my long hair.

It takes less than 5 min to clean my face and wear sun scream and eye makeup. No foundation or other extra facial makeup!

I am becoming lazier and lazier.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Lily.Arwen

I do not think this is necessarily a feminine thing really....
:icon_love: :icon_love: I like boots  ;)
  •  

Pisces228

I take my time showering, with hair removal on my body, hair care for my head hair, and skin care/shaving my face.  That's what's most important and time consuming for me.  I don't wear makeup at all and wear my hair in a bun most days.  I just don't really have a desire to get super girly with the makeup and hair everyday.  I'm lazy after shaving my body haha   ::)
  •  

Anne Blake

Putting on a daily look takes me 10 to 20 depending how needy the mirror talks about my face. A fancy night out is another story. Tonight we are hitting a club for a Halloween costume party and I don'the even want to consider how much prep time that will take (setting aside 2 hours just in case),  As for dailys, I shower in the evening and do my legs. The legs adds 10 to 15 minutes and I sometimes begrudge that, but other times I like to enjoy the pampering process, it can make up for a tough day. - Anne
  •  

Pisces228

^very true.  Pampering at night can be so nice after a bad day.
  •  

Floritine

My morning usually take about 30-60 minuts depending how much of a rush Im in, put eyes in, have shower, do my legs need doing or will I be lazy and put it off another day, put sun screen on, find what to wear and what bra looks good today, do hair, and check I have everything in my hand bag....
As for make up tried it a few times back in there day and found it to be a pain and not my thing, my retired female psych I loved said not all women wear make up for various reasons and that just made me feel good about not wearing it,,but always wear Olay and sun screen,,
And once a fortnight I go to the hair dressers for ME TIME,
But every now and then I can do everything in 15 minuts if I wake up late....
So back to the original question "I now understand why women complain so much" it just depends on how you look at it, it can be and cant be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Cheers Tracy
  •  

JayceeTG

I am most likely not as beautiful as the rest of you and that prevents me from making the transition but I do shave my legs as much as I can and I find just doing that can be such a task in itself and maintaining the smooth look is such hard work and then I hear people talk about make up and all that and I think there is no way that I could ever get that down. I am in my forties and all the work that I see that is involved to become more feminine just gets me  exhausted without even doing anything yet lol
  •