Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A bra for the smaller girls

Started by stephanie_craxford, January 11, 2006, 08:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

Recently I needed to buy a black bra that wouldn't show when worn under black or dark tops.  I'm a 36A, and as many of the girls here know they are hard to find in that size, and are comfortable to wear.

Well I found one at Sears.  It's by Vogue and it is from their "Vogue Petit" line of bras, model number 4030.  It's an under-wire, cotton lined, satin finish, with a slight push up at the sides.  It gives me a little more enhancement, which I like, and it's very comfortable to wear.  I wore it all day, and even though it's an under-wire, it was really comfortable.

Steph
  •  

JenniferElizabeth

Sephanie,
I know the headaches of finding A cups. But, mines alittle worse
try finding a 40A. Glad you found yours as for me.....well... :(
  •  

Sara

For those girls wondering, a 36A in Australia is a 14A and bonds make a nice bra in black.

Sara.
  •  

DawnL

Steph, thanks for the tip.  I am also a 36A and have been frustrated in my pursuit of a comfortable bra.  JC Penny's sells a plain white bra that is quite comfortable in 36A and 36AA.

Dawn
  •  

Kimberly

Hum, that is good to know. Mother said an AA might be hard to get in a decent size, but apparently I'm on the small end of the scale (31 or 32 chest) so hard to say I guess. Regardless, the note about Penny's has been noted, (= Thank you.
  •  

ChefAnnagirl

If this might help at all,
try Wal-Mart -

They carry (at least around these parts) lightly padded bras made by vassarette that are both comfortable, beautiful, form fitting, and elegant... Usually fairly inexpensive - $10 or $12 dollars maybe - I was really surprised at the very decent quality - they have lasted a million washings and wearings and still look and feel great.... Full lace trim in white, black or red, w/lace trimmed slightly wider shoulder straps, and i believe i have seen them in smaller sizes in 36's than the 38B that i usually wear at this point...
Happy hunting always,

ChefAnnagirl
Level the playing field
  •  

Louise

I also wear a 36A bra.  The bra I am wearing is a Fruit of the Loom slightly padded style that I bought at one of the discount stores (K-Mart or WalMart) for about $10.  I have an easier time finding a bra in my size than my wife who wears a 32B.  She is a very small person.  We have found bras for her at Penney, but there is not much in that size in the discount stores.  It is even harder  at Victoria's Secret.  I bought her a 34A bra there and it took about an hour for the salesgirl to hunt down the one they had in stock.  My wife did say that it was one of the most comfortable bras she owns.
  •  

Bombi

Hi girls, I wear a 36 A as well and have found the Maidenform lightly padded underwire to be affordable and comfortable.They also have a line of teen bras that are available in black and pastels.I wear them as my everyday wear. They go through the regular laundry ok as long as you dry on low heat. I don't wear bras with lace or flowers. My wife perfers that I wear solid colors and I allow her that.
Yes there is really bigender people
  •  

Alison

Quote from: JenniferElizabeth on January 11, 2006, 10:45:33 PM
Sephanie,
I know the headaches of finding A cups. But, mines alittle worse
try finding a 40A. Glad you found yours as for me.....well... :(

I didn't see this earlier..

I too am a weirdo hard to find size...

one way you can make it slightly easier on yourself is to get some  Bra Extenders

they're super cheap, you can find them in most department stores, and they will make that 36 A bra fit a 42 A frame :)
  •  

AllisonY2K

ha! I wear a 38B, and normally I wear a padded bra and don't think anything of it.

...until I had to find an UNpadded bra. and that in itself was a challenge.
well, it had to be black, unpadded, and pretty. life's too short to wear ugly bras if you don't have to!
but, yeah, I had a bugger of a time finding a bra to match all 3 criteria! I did find one eventually, but it took me about 3 weeks of searching!
  •  

Hazumu

http://www.aalingerie.com/

This place carries A, AA and AAA bras.  It's in England, so watch out for the difference in sizing system (they jump to the next cup letter a half inch smaller than the U.S. system.)

If in doubt, use the Bra Size calculator or the Bra Size convertor.

Karen
  •  

sheila18

Stephanie:
believe it or not, 36a, 38a at the dollar store with matching panties. Always in the lookout girl
love , sheila
  •