Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hi everyone, It's my Birthday!!!

Started by SarahElizabeth1981, February 25, 2016, 11:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachel_Christina

Aw thanks Amber.
And yep it has been a little war for a while. But seems it coming to its end. Dad still hasn't said a word to me since I came out, but he was always thick as two short planks, so I will probably have to step up and contact him first.

And of course, the old online text drives me nuts sometimes.
I can be disastrous sometimes if I don't reread my posts lol

•  

Jenny0713

Hey there girls!  A big warm welcome to Amber, Elizabeth and Georgette. Also, welcome back Tasha.

Yes, I think people get tied up in life and other things so I definitely would not take non-replies as rejection. All are welcome to join in on our on-going conversation.

Doing well here. Almost finished unpacking from my move to my new house. Actually hung some pictures on the walls yesterday. That's usually the last step.

My "girls" have been hurting quite a bit lately so I think they might me on a growth cycle. Hope so. Getting real tired of the forms. They just won't stay in place anymore but I don't fill my bra yet either.

It's interesting how many say they knew from early on that something was different. I seem to be a somewhat unique case since other than a few hints along my life, I had no clue until it hit my like a Mac truck at 52. Now I absolutely know I am doing the right thing and have never been happier although I go through many episodes of dysphoria. Hate that so much!

Love my new house although I have many projects ahead that are not cheap. Love not having to worry if my TV is too loud and was hanging pictures late last night with no worries of neighbors.

The only thing I have noticed that there are some areas around here where I am not comfortable. I find if I go south to the stores there it is much better. I also haven't figured out a route for my walks. Just not sure yet. Still gaining weight too. So frustrating. I keep finding myself eating the stuff that is sure to bring on the weight. Ugh.

Anyway, good to hear from you all, especially the new comers. Please feel free to join in on the conversation any time. :)

Jenny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been trying to find myself since 4/5/16. Was lost before then. Still long road ahead.

•  

amberwaves

Okay, being petty and kind of a B here, mostly because I'm really upset about something entirely unrelated, but really?  A welcome for me, but a welcome back for Tasha?  This is the exact same kind of crap that I was just talking about as far as exclusion.  Not only have I been in this since darn near the beginning (long before it was spilt off into a separate thread), but I even wrote about such and how excluding and cliquish it felt.  Clearly you didn't read it as more than a casual glance at best.  Also, since you didn't recognize that I have been here on occasion it mean you don't read others posts very much either.  That level of self-absorbedness is exactly the kind of thing I complained about.

I realize I'm over reacting, but screw it, my emotions are every bit as valid as others. In this moment, I don't care to self censor and give benefit of the doubt.   It most likely was an oversight but eff it. Psa be aware of the subtleties of how you say things.  Little things can seriously upset others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

•  

Jenny0713

Amber, I am so sorry!  Please accept my apologies. I was only trying to be welcoming to all. It was. It was not my intent to offend you. I feel horrible. Yes, I have read your posts. I just said that because I personally have not had interaction with you in the past. I am so sorry I offended you.

Been trying to find myself since 4/5/16. Was lost before then. Still long road ahead.

•  

amberwaves

Yeah I feel horrible too.  Seems to be the general outcome of most things I do.  Sorry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

•  

Jenny0713

Hugs :)

•  

Rebecca

Fab news Rachel and gratz on the name change.

As long as you are truly happy being Rachel then I'm cool with it. If it felt like I did as Alice for a day then hell no.

Don't worry though no matter the name we still love ya ;)
  •  

Rachel_Christina

I am extatic about it Jerrica. I am honoured to take that name, I always new it would have been the girl in the houses name.
Names aren't really something I care too much about, I prefer that someone else would name me lol
The fact that mum put the foot down and wanted me to use Rachel is just so nice :3
My glowing will continue for a while!
Feels weird referring to myself as Rachel :')
But that's me now
Thanks Jerrica

•  

Rebecca

Glad to hear you're settling in at your new place Jenny and intrigued  (maybe jealous) of your breast pain.

Uncomfortable areas sounds troubling though so be careful out there.

•  

Rebecca

Being named is very cool especially by your mum to a name you already wanted is a total bonus. Awesomeness indeed.

I'll just need to overuse your name Rachel until I get the hang of it ;)
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Yea the whole new house thing is great.
I was looking at a house not to far from me back home in Ireland.
Take a look. I duno could If I could afford the repayments

https://www.propertypal.com/752-feeny-road-dungiven/452579/photo-11

•  

Jenny0713

Nice. :)

•  

Rebecca

OMG that's gorgeous Rachel!!!!

Tempted to offer to move in lol

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

•  

Rachel_Christina

Isn't it??
We should all just chip in. Lol
All move in!

•  

Jenny0713

Yea, but washer and dryer in the kitchen?  Is that a European thing?

•  

Jenny0713

Looks kinda like Downton Abbey. :)

•  

Rachel_Christina

I think that was a "utility room" lol

•  

Jenny0713

Oh. :)

•  

SarahElizabeth1981

i've been trying to post and every time I click reply it says there are X new replies.... which I then go back and read haha

Amber, I want everyone to feel welcome here. I think we are a great group of women and I, for one, am happy to support, share experiences or otherwise help anyone I can. I sometimes feel like other people don't post because we  have this small group who always posts. Anyone is welcome to chime in whenever they want.

I think we each post when we want to or need to. Sometimes we just post to let others know how we are doing and sometime life gets so crazy we don't have time to post. whatever your reasons are for posting or not are fine. 

Tasha, I know you are busy with work and life things. I think you are with us all in spirit as much as we all are with you and each other. I believe any one here would be there in an instant if I really needed someone as I would be for each of you.   

As trans people I think we often face more challenges, in certain ways, then anyone, . Even others in the LBGQT community. things have gotten better and I believe they will continue to do so. in 2015 Alberta, the province I live in, updated the Alberta human rights act to include gender identity, gender expression etc. Last week a similar amendment to the Canadian human rights act passed the senate. these are important changes that will make things better but it just make an uphill battle a little easier. us trans people need to stick together until it is no longer an uphill battle.

Rachel, I'm happy it's going well for you with family members. I have a a trans friend FTM who's female name is Rachel. Unfortunately he isn't out to any of his family members because he doesn't think they would be accepting. It's great that your name is what your mum would've given you and I think a small change as it just switches your middle name for your first.

that is a beautiful home and I would totally move in with you. maybe marry a pretty Irish girl... hehe I do have a bit of Irish in me.  ;)  hahaha

I think I covered everything I want to. take care everyone.

Sarah
  •  

Rebecca

Luxury having washer and dryer in the kitchen. My kitchen is too small so the dryer is in the garage lol

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

•