Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

so what actually is age appropiate.

Started by stephaniec, June 08, 2016, 11:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roses and Songs

I know you were serious, I just cannot afford that, it's out of reach for me. As for my age I wasn't serious at all, I was only playing the role of some precious capricious princess, only because I'm aloud now and because it's so much fun. I just don't care about a stack of years, I eat well, I feel and look fine, I am happy most of the time and I take good care of body and soul and of those who dare to get close, these are the things that matter to me. (PS, I don't know what coy means, I'm french first so...)

Take care, Rose.
  •  

alex82

Quote from: Roses and Songs on June 10, 2016, 03:52:12 PM
   I know you were serious, I just cannot afford that, it's out of reach for me. As for my age I wasn't serious at all, I was only playing the role of some precious capricious princess, only because I'm aloud now and because it's so much fun. I just don't care about a stack of years, I eat well, I feel and look fine, I am happy most of the time and I take good care of body and soul and of those who dare to get close, these are the things that matter to me. (PS, I don't know what coy means, I'm french first so...)

Take care, Rose.

Well I'm not rolling around in money either - I'm about to start a postgrad, so I've moved out of London for it, and all the associated costs of that on top of transition. Just don't rule yourself out of stuff - you never know what could change.

coy
kɔɪ/
adjective
(especially with reference to a woman) making a pretence of shyness or modesty which is intended to be alluring.
"she treated him to a coy smile of invitation"
synonyms:   arch, simpering, coquettish, flirtatious, kittenish, skittish; More
reluctant to give details about something regarded as sensitive.
"he is coy about his age"
  •  

Roses and Songs

Quote from: alex82 on June 10, 2016, 04:05:38 PM
Well I'm not rolling around in money either - I'm about to start a postgrad, so I've moved out of London for it, and all the associated costs of that on top of transition. Just don't rule yourself out of stuff - you never know what could change.

coy
kɔɪ/
adjective
(especially with reference to a woman) making a pretence of shyness or modesty which is intended to be alluring.
"she treated him to a coy smile of invitation"
synonyms:   arch, simpering, coquettish, flirtatious, kittenish, skittish; More
reluctant to give details about something regarded as sensitive.
"he is coy about his age"

Of course you're right, it's not because it's not possible now that it will never be, who knows.

So that's what coy means, in the 60's most women were about their age and it was even considered impolite to ask them so that's where I took the example and since I saw it as a very feminine characteristic I love acting it but in reality I simply don't care, it's just fun to play precious.

So good luck with all your projects and talk to you soon. Rose.
  •  

Sarah leah

Quote from: Ⓥ on June 10, 2016, 03:35:49 PM

The one thing I do agree with everyone here is that, yes, you can wear whatever you like.  Just don't be surprised when you are stared at, okay?

This is kind of how I see it too.

I think that when I start HRT and publicly transition it will be less about getting seen and more about being a 36 year old woman that works everyday, has kids and wants to be treated like the latter instead of gawked at by people.

I want to be able to go to the shops with my small children and not cause a social problem for my kids or perpetuate the micro skirt, high heeled, fishnet wearing image we are labeled with in society. The aim is to instead demonstrate that I am a women who happens to be trans* not a fetish.

This likely sounds bad or rude to use these terms. Yet we are in some ways responsible for shattering that image and ensuring we are seen and taken as serious in society. Perhaps more to debunk than to conform.

Does this mean that I would not love to dress up one day to attend a function. Of course not but when it happens it will be with a lot of class rather than with ass.

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting
  •  

Michelle_P

I just want to blend in.

On the US west coast, there's practically a uniform for 50s-60s women.  The top is typically a solid color tee, v-neck, or similar shirt.  A more colorful blouse or light cover, unbuttoned, goes over that.  Pants are culottes or ankle grazers, often skinny, black, white, or denim, and occasionally jeans.  Shoes are some form of sneaker, often colorful.

When I dress like that, nobody even gives me a second look. 

If I dress like my avatar, on the other hand, even though I like the look and find it flattering and comfortable, I do get noticed.  And inspected.  And we all know how that ends.  It is fun to trigger the cognitive dissonance in someone eyeballing torsos and legs when they finally get to that face, though.   >:-)
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Wild Flower

My opinion on fashion is based on Anton LaVey
.. Basically wear what makes you feel like you wear at your most attractive state. And that you do not have to be ugly if you do not want too because all women are capable of beauty. And that trans women make the best women of all because they put the most effort into their looks.

Read it from his nifty beauty book.
"Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets."
  •  

Dee Marshall

Anton LaVey wrote a beauty book? Boggle! All I recall seeing him in in the 70's was a black robe, bald head and beard. He never seemed the type to care about fashion.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Stevie

I'm in my 50's  5' 10" tall  178 lbs I buy most my clothes in the Misses section they fit my body better. I tend to go for a more demure style I like fitted tops, A line blouses that flair at the hip and skirts that break just below the knee with solid colored hosiery.
I learned the hard way about cultural norms for clothing when I was in fifth grade. I had four older brothers and always had to wear hand me down shoes, I was shopping with my mom and she said I could have a new pair of shoes so I picked out these really cute red Converse high tops. I wore them to school the next day and I was chased around the schoolyard by about 20 kids calling me sissy boy I started to cry which made some of them start to get physical, school was hell for me after that. Boys did not wear red shoes in 1970 at least not where I lived.
  •  

stephaniec

the school bullies pick on me my whole grade school experience.
  •  

Michelle G

One of my "don't want to dress my age" outfits. It's not as short as it looks when I stand up
I've ran into town on hot summer days to run errands wearing this and didn't even get any second looks. Just another tall skinny California girl that blends in I guess.

Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

Sarah leah

I sadly will need FFS as I am not what you would call attractive :(

I just hope starting HRT in a few months will help somewhat as I am not at the point of doing FFS for a long time yet.

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting
  •  

Michelle G

Quote from: Sarah leah on June 11, 2016, 06:51:31 AM
I sadly will need FFS as I am not what you would call attractive :(

I just hope starting HRT in a few months will help somewhat as I am not at the point of doing FFS for a long time yet.

I think you look quite cute :)
Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Roses and Songs

This must have been 3 years ago, I was 55 then and sooo 'not appropriate' but you be the judges!

•  

stephaniec

well, it's not extremely low cut nor mini skirted
  •  

stephaniec

with a little trepidation I'll post this, I don't have a way to take a picture , but I have on a black lace dress that's like that , but the front top  goes to my neck with flats sitting in front of a cafe across the street from a University with all the college student going home for summer.and I'm 45, ok maybe not 45
  •  

Roses and Songs

HA! I knew you weren't 45, I'd give you hummmm, 35 and I'm good at this so don't think you can fool me... 
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Roses and Songs

My pleasure Stephanie. T'was taken 5 minutes ago and it's still inappropriate for a 58 years old... I hope! (a bit dark, too bad)

•  

stephaniec

I guess I must be blind to whats appropriate , but I wear that stuff all the time, but my colors are usually single colors or stripes with a couple colors.
  •