Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

This is awesome, Steph! You always put a smile on my face with these stories.

I'm feeling so incredibly... incredible right now.
These few words made my day!

I am so very happy for you.

Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 12, 2018, 01:17:07 AM
I'm feeling so incredibly... incredible right now.
What a great day, Steph!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: SassyCassie on January 12, 2018, 04:33:57 AM
Steph, I'm so glad things are starting to turn around in such a positive way for you! I wonder if you're close to (or even past) that unseen tipping point of self-confidence where no amount of misgendering or deadnaming can get under your skin.

I'm wondering the same. I suspect with our upcoming road trip this weekend, I may be putting it to the test soon.

QuoteBTW, I'm still feeling the effects from last night's toasting of your wonderful day! :D

Uh oh. It was only two small glasses of wine on this end of the Internet. If the emojis you sent are any indication, there were some pretty big mugs of beer on your end.

I hope you achieve maximum fabulosity today!

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Steph, time for me to chime in ... I really do feel great for you (and that other person, umm, oh yeah, Jayne).

Most times I'm skimming trough at work and don't take the time to reply.  Really, most everyone on here I wish I had a better rapport with. So many to say nice things to/about and I don't take the time.

So, WOW, good for you. Keep on flying high!! :)
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on January 12, 2018, 08:46:42 AM
Steph, time for me to chime in ... I really do feel great for you (and that other person, umm, oh yeah, Jayne).

Most times I'm skimming trough at work and don't take the time to reply.  Really, most everyone on here I wish I had a better rapport with. So many to say nice things to/about and I don't take the time.

So, WOW, good for you. Keep on flying high!! :)

No worries, Faith! Even if you can't reply, I know you're sending positive vibes my way. And the same back atcha!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Cassie's deeply moving posts and other's references to journaling apps got me thinking about the first entry I'd made into Day One on my tablet. I'd decided to keep a journal on the morning after I came out to my wife, and though I didn't keep up with it (most of my life ended up getting journaled here), I did write an extensive entry that morning.

I'm also issuing a TRIGGER ALERT on this. Be advised that there are some very traumatic passages included.

With minimal editing, here it is:

=================

I guess Day One is a good name for this app. I can't tell from here whether this is the first day of something that will turn out wonderfully, but for the first time I have hopes that the uncounted wishes I've made over the years could actually come true.

Last night I "came out" to Sue. Of course she's known for over twenty (thirty?) years about the cross-dressing, but it's clear that she didn't understand the depth of the daily despair I've been facing, living with this unmatched exterior.

Admitting it was one of the hardest, scariest things I've ever put myself through. I've had crying fits before (far more often than I like to admit) but this was something else. At times I could hardly breathe, at others I was hyperventilating; during moments of calm I could speak almost normally, but there were times when I could barely get one word out per breath.

Extremely traumatic... but cathartic.

And the end result is good. Knowing her as I do, I thought she might be supportive, but what I hit her with is so far beyond what she could have expected, there was the chance that she wouldn't be able process it, and would have to step away. I've always known that she doesn't feel emotion as deeply as I do - I think she might be part Vulcan. I'm sure that helps protect her from what's coming. Or it could be my admitted tendency to overdramatize everything. I don't know what I would have done if she'd rejected me. Probably eventually suicide. I don't think I'm strong enough to do this on my own. In that respect it's very probable that she has literally saved my life. And how am I going to repay that? After saving me from dying, I'm going to put her through what I would consider as Hell. But again, maybe her Vulcan logic will keep her from seeing it that way. I hope so. If she felt it as intensely as I do, she would have left me long ago. It's protecting both of us. All I know is that after the last couple of years watching what I feared was the slow dissolution of our marriage, we both committed to a new depth of love and understanding, possibly deeper than we've ever had.

At one point we were talking about what I could do for work during and after transition, and I doubted anyone would want to hire a transsexual. I can't remember the exact wording, but she said people will always say,  "I want to hire someone who does the quality work that he or she does."

She.

Funny little word, just a couple of sounds, vibrations in the air. But it hit me like grabbing a firing spark plug. I actually jumped. I can't understate just how important and amazing it was to hear someone else use that little word to describe me.

Me.

She.

A touch of the joy I hope to find in the future, though still tinged with fear.

So what now?

First we're going to make an appointment with a therapist who specializes in transgender issues. Then there are so many other things to consider, and costs to cover. In no particular order:

* I want to get my buck teeth fixed.
* Hair transplants?
* Hair removal (other than the head, of course)
* Voice therapist
* What about my monster nose?
* My creased face
* Clothes shopping (Yay!!)
* Pick a name!
* Hormone therapy!
* Surgery!!
* Coming out
    * To Mom and sister Sue
    * To neighbors
    * To other friends

I've already checked that our insurance covers reassignment surgery, but based on the WPATH standards of care, that could be two years down the road. I hope the haters don't take that away before I can use it.

I'm worded out. Setting this aside for now, but I hope I can discipline myself to keep on top of this, for my sake, and maybe if I get the courage, to publish it so other people can take whatever nuggets they can find from it.

=================

I guess I've developed that courage now. What a long way I've come.

Stephanie

•  

Anne Blake

It sure does sound like you have passed some sort of watershed. It is no longer what will I do when someone reads me. It has become, I have a friends plane to check out and then spend some time with the girls. There will be many more times when you melt down and there are several more steps of your list to be either accomplished or dropped off the list. I do believe that you are getting to the point at which Stephanie figures out, not how she is going to transition, but how you are going to live your life as the true you.

I, for one, look forward to watching that story play out.
Love you sister,
Tia Anne
  •  

Kendra

Steph, how appropriate this was your post number 1,000.  And what an amazing journey so far. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 12, 2018, 09:20:20 AM
I guess I've developed that courage now. What a long way I've come.
What a long way, indeed!  It is nice to be able to reflect back and appreciate the journey for what it is.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Kendra on January 12, 2018, 04:13:49 PM
Steph, how appropriate this was your post number 1,000.  And what an amazing journey so far.

Wow, that's pretty cool! I had no idea!

Stephanie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 12, 2018, 04:31:01 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool! I had no idea!

Stephanie

Dang it ((Ste)(pha)nie), You (ruined) my comment. :-( I was going to accuse (you) of planning it. Of having thought about it mo(nths ago and wait)ing for just this time (to) post it. Dratz (()) I (hop)e you (washed) off the (top of the fridge) while you were up there. (Why)? Oh no particular (reason......)

(Yes, you've (come a long way,) Baby)

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on January 12, 2018, 04:58:02 PM
Dang it ((Ste)(pha)nie), You (ruined) my comment. :-( I was going to accuse (you) of planning it. Of having thought about it mo(nths ago and wait)ing for just this time (to) post it. Dratz (()) I (hop)e you (washed) off the (top of the fridge) while you were up there. (Why)? Oh no particular (reason......)

(Yes, you've (come a long way,) Baby)

Hugs,
   Laurie

As far as I could tell it was #825. I still can't figure out how to know what number it is...

I rubbed most of the dust and grease off the top o' the fridge last time I was up there. But puleeeze don't put me back up there (with my wine and chocolate and #stormchips)!!

S(t)epha[n]i{e}

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 12, 2018, 05:10:17 PM
As far as I could tell it was #825. I still can't figure out how to know what number it is...

S(t)epha[n]i{e}

2 ways to do it
1) it is on your profile page
2) look under one of your post avatars
3) (  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) )
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jayne01

I just got caught up, Steph. That diary entry has really highlighted how far you have come. I didn't keep any kind of diary, but I do remember the night I came out to my wife. It has been permanently etched into my memories. Reading your entry reminded me of that night. My reaction of crying (hysterically at times) hyperventilating, barely able to breathe let alone speak, was just the way you described it.

I can't tell you how much you have helped me by sharing your story. You have filled me with hope because we are similar in so many ways, even to the point of describing my wife as part Vulcan. I have never thought to use that to describe her before, but reading your posts made me think that it is fitting. That Vulcan trait has saved my life because she was able to be a rock solid shoulder for me to cry on each and every time I had one of my major meltdowns.

It is a pleasure to be soaring on this journey along side you sister!

Jayne
  •  

Bari Jo

I like the idea of keeping a journal.  I envy you for being so disciplined too.  Wow you have come far from your first entry.  I feel like I'm only a little bit from mine.  Time to do some reflection.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Kendra

In a few days I'll be consuming a jug of that surgery prep stuff but I won't write it in my diary A
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on January 12, 2018, 10:42:18 PM
2 ways to do it
1) it is on your profile page
2) look under one of your post avatars
3) (  [emoji57] [emoji57] [emoji57] [emoji57] [emoji57] [emoji57] [emoji57] [emoji57] [emoji57] [emoji57] )

Hmmm. All I see is the total number of posts, which I just incremented again with this one. It doesn't seem to say what number any particular post is.

But it's ok. It's still an amazing coincidence. Believe me, I didn't plan it. How much scheming can you do from the top of a fridge?

- Stephanie

•  

Anne Blake

Quote from: Kendra on January 13, 2018, 12:57:53 PM
In a few days I'll be consuming a jug of that surgery prep stuff but I won't write it in my diary A

Kendra, the stuff is yucky but not as bad as I expected it to be. Just look at it as an uncomfortable step that you need to take to reach your goal, then it is just an awkward night to be lost in your memory bank. Speaking of diaries, are you planning on opening a thread telling the tale of these next few months for you? You know that your fan club wants to track your progress!

Tia Anne
  •  

Kendra

I'll probably just add return trip notes to posts for GCS and FFS evals. 

I didn't post for VSRAC (VFS) in Seoul, got that estimate online - I'll post on that when I head to Korea at end of February. 

Quote from: Anne Blake on January 13, 2018, 01:22:21 PM
> Just look at it as an uncomfortable step that you need to take to reach your goal
I hear it is called the quick step
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 13, 2018, 01:06:21 PM
Hmmm. All I see is the total number of posts, which I just incremental again with this one. It doesn't seem to say what number any particular post is.

But it's ok. It's still an amazing coincidence. Believe me, I didn't plan it. How much scheming can you do from the top of a fridge?

- Stephanie
In your profile page, there is a link to your posting history. The down side of it is it doesn't count deleted posts. You may never delete a post personally but if you post in somebodies thread and they remove the entire thread, your post will go with it. The exception is staff can see deleted posts however they are still deleted so they don't count towards our total post numbers. I have around 1500 post that have ended up in the trash because somebody else removed their thread. My current post count is 13,367 but my posting history shows 14,979. Sometimes it makes me wonder if I should post in a thread that's going to end up in the trash.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •