Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Stephanie Chronicles

Started by steph2.0, September 17, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

Quote from: Faith on July 23, 2018, 11:17:59 AM
I'm still trying to figure out who the guy is standing in front of that airplane, I think Steph posted the wrong picture.
I think you're right.  Grumpy looking guy.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on July 23, 2018, 11:17:59 AM
I'm still trying to figure out who the guy is standing in front of that airplane, I think Steph posted the wrong picture.

No arguing that. He was definitely wrong...

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Well, I guess I'm just living the girl's life now.

Monday it included grocery shopping. I used to absolutely hate grocery shopping! I posted some of this in another thread, but to my surprise I found myself loving the experience. I had the profound realization that I could be perfectly happy as a housewife. Maybe it's because in my previous life I had a satisfying job for a while, and with that behind me I feel free to let my preferences evolve. Whatever it was, instead of being in a hurry and bad-tempered, I just relaxed and smiled at everyone, and they smiled back. Life is so much better that way.

When I went to check out, the cashier seemed unhappy and harried, and never smiled for the customers in front of me. When I got there I once again channeled my heroine @Anne Blake , and asked her how her day had been and struck up a conversation. When I left she was smiling and wished me a good day. That made me smile.

There are, of course, a few added "enhancements" that my cis-sisters don't have to deal with. I had the unbridled joy of going for Hot Needle Treatment yesterday morning. This is the second time I tried this person, who uses the blend method. It's slower but so much less painful - and that pain applies to the cost, too. It's a lot cheaper. At the end of the session I bought a block of 10 hours, which made it even less expensive. And I was properly named and gendered for all of it.

After HNT I went shopping, and unlike most shopping trips, this time I was successful. A nice top, two dresses, and some pretty dress sandals. When I checked out this cashier was so wonderful. We talked about what I was buying a dress for along with all sorts of other stuff. Just a couple ladies sharing. When I headed for the door she said, "Good luck at your event! You'll look great!" Squeeeee!

Today I've been chasing paperwork. I decided to get a Known Flyer Number with TSA so I'm guaranteed Pre-Chek security when I fly. I filled out all the forms online, and went to my appointment today. As part of the paperwork you're required to list any previous names. Oh boy. I wondered what kind of weirdness that was going to cause at my appointment. When I sat down the gentleman brought up the records I'd filled out and started running through the screens to have me verify all the data was correct. Name, email, address, previous name, phone numbers... that fast, and with as little fanfare. Take the fingerprints, pay the money, thank you Stephanie. And off I went. Well, whaddayaknow? That was easy. So now I'm in the town where my bestie works waiting to go to dinner.

Tomorrow I have to get back to work and make up for the three days I've been out and about. But the last couple of days have done wonders for my confidence and my sense of self. I've been telling myself that I'm living the new normal for a while now, but I've never really felt it like this before. Who knows if I'll backslide, but it sure feels like I've turned some sort of corner and relaxed into a new existence. My wish is that any of my sisters and brothers still reading this thread get to this point, and find the peace of truly living as you wish to.

Stephanie

PS: I'm writing this while trapped by rain in a Peterbrooke Chocolatier shop. Oh, the horror!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Steph2.0
Dear Stephanie:
                    LIFE IS GOOD !!!
It is a wonderful feeling for sure to go out and about as a woman and be instantly accepted as a woman.
... and yes, a big smile and being the first one to say hello and even start a brief casual conversation disarms just about anyone....   nicely done!!!!

Hugs and continued well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on July 25, 2018, 03:52:59 PMI just relaxed and smiled at everyone, and they smiled back. Life is so much better that way.
it sure feels like I've turned some sort of corner and relaxed into a new existence.

Yes, you've got this!  Welcome to the rest of your life, Stephanie.

PS: I'm writing this while trapped by rain in a Peterbrooke Chocolatier shop. Oh, the horror!

Oh, wow, bummer!  What could you possibly do to pass the time in a chocolate shop?
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on July 25, 2018, 05:32:50 PM
Yes, you've got this!  Welcome to the rest of your life, Stephanie.

Oh, wow, bummer!  What could you possibly do to pass the time in a chocolate shop?

@KathyLauren    @Steph2.0

Ah ha... my nemesis... chocolate. 
All of my friends and suitors know that chocolate is one of my vices.

My gym girls group gave me a t-shirt like this last month....
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on July 25, 2018, 05:32:50 PM

Could someone pull me down from bouncing off the ceiling, please? Thank you.

Would anyone else like some dark chocolate covered espresso beans?

bounce bounce

Stephanie

•  

Faith

did someone say dark chocolate covered espresso ?? ?? ?? :D
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Kendra

Quote from: Steph2.0 on July 25, 2018, 03:52:59 PM
> I decided to get a Known Flyer Number with TSA so I'm guaranteed Pre-Chek security when I fly.

I have this too, applied after noticing a lot of airport security personnel in the US have a Chinese last name.  Tsa. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

"a lot of airport security personnel in the US have a Chinese last name.  Tsa."

Kendra, don't give up music!  Or your day job...   ;D

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Steph2.0 on July 25, 2018, 03:52:59 PM

Tomorrow I have to get back to work and make up for the three days I've been out and about. But the last couple of days have done wonders for my confidence and my sense of self. I've been telling myself that I'm living the new normal for a while now, but I've never really felt it like this before. Who knows if I'll backslide, but it sure feels like I've turned some sort of corner and relaxed into a new existence. My wish is that any of my sisters and brothers still reading this thread get to this point, and find the peace of truly living as you wish to.

Stephanie

I think once you have been living your true gender for awhile things change, you change, the new becomes comfortable, the challenges of just getting out the door become a fleeting thought. With all these things out of the way the real you gets to be you....what you describe is really the point of it all...finding your peace. You have made significant changes and from all of these changes comes the person you are now with the happiness and contentment you describe. Congrats

Take care

Liz

PS...on my way to help....save some chocolate for me  ;)
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

steph2.0

@SassyCassie and I did another long bicycle ride yesterday, riding over 20 miles in light rain. It was excellent exercise and a nice day out, despite the weather. At least the rain kept us cool.

Despite having to replace the blown out front tube and tire on my bike, the day was going pretty well until we went to lunch. I hadn't bothered with much makeup, knowing it was going to be sweated off in a heartbeat. So despite wearing my cute workout togs, my face was pretty much bare. And I got "sir... ma'am!... sorry" by the cashier.

It's the first time that's happened in quite a while, and it really got to me. I was able to pull myself out of it by thinking about all my good Susan's and Facebook posts where I was out and about and always gendered correctly. What it did make starkly clear, though, is I need a lot of help from makeup to be seen as myself. It just makes my need for FFS that much more urgent. It has become so much more important to me now than GCS. To be able to just pull my hair back, forego the makeup, and still be gendered correctly has become an overwhelming need that I will do nearly anything to fulfill.

I posted an after-ride "soaked and bedraggled" picture to Facebook, and I'm not ashamed to say that I retouched it a little to make myself look better. I trust all of you here to be kind, so here's the unretouched stark reality...

To those who say that I shouldn't worry about what people think, I make no apologies for wanting to be seen as who I am. I thought I was starting to develop that attitude, but it was while I was being gendered correctly. Being misgendered refocused what is important to me.

I have a Skype consultation scheduled for August 30th with FacialTeam in Spain. I think I'll contact them again and remind them that I'm available any time if a slot opens up before then. The surgery simply can't come soon enough.

Thanks for letting me vent...

Stephanie

•  

Faith

Steph  I see a distinct difference between:
"sir ... ma'am! ... sorry"
and
"ma'am! ... sir ... sorry"

The correction when the proper direction.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on July 30, 2018, 12:39:23 PM
Steph  I see a distinct difference between:
"sir ... ma'am! ... sorry"
and
"ma'am! ... sir ... sorry"

The correction when the proper direction.

Thank you, Faith. I do understand what you're saying, though for me it's a fine distinction. The need is to not have any mistake at all.

Stephanie

•  

Faith

cis women get misgendered. I know, I've worked retail!!

I only get the polite ma'am/ladies when totally made up and out with Lori. Never as part of a 'normal' day. You are gendered correctly with a few exceptions. Those exceptions are easily in the realm of normal.

Accept it Lady. I say that sternly with a smile, which I can do because there's no camera.

•  

steph2.0

I'll add that the incident doesn't have me particularly down right now. It has, however, clearly defined my determination to do something about it. I guess that's the best possible outcome of a bad situation.

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on July 30, 2018, 12:57:12 PM
cis women get misgendered. I know, I've worked retail!!

I only get the polite ma'am/ladies when totally made up and out with Lori. Never as part of a 'normal' day. You are gendered correctly with a few exceptions. Those exceptions are easily in the realm of normal.

Accept it Lady. I say that sternly with a smile, which I can do because there's no camera.

You need to put some tape over your web-cam. Hi! I see you waving!

I do accept the fact that many women occasionally get misgendered. What I won't do is roll over and not do whatever I can about it. I'll do whatever's possible to be the best I'm able to be, to decrease the odds of mistakes. Hence the FacialTeam consultation.

Thanks for the feedback, and for watching my thread!

Stephanie

•  

Faith

QuoteAccept it Lady. I say that sternly with a smile, which I can do because there's no camera.
Quote from: Steph2.0 on July 30, 2018, 01:08:48 PM
You need to put some tape over your web-cam. Hi! I see you waving!

I do accept the fact that many women occasionally get misgendered. What I won't do is roll over and not do whatever I can about it. I'll do whatever's possible to be the best I'm able to be, to decrease the odds of mistakes. Hence the FacialTeam consultation.

Thanks for the feedback, and for watching my thread!

Stephanie

Oh, I understand, really I do. I was just, I dunno, telling you that you're being too hard on yourself even though I know you won't listen :D

Thank you for using Faith auto-post. Had this actually been Faith, there would have been no smiling involved.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on July 30, 2018, 01:37:23 PM
Oh, I understand, really I do. I was just, I dunno, telling you that you're being too hard on yourself even though I know you won't listen :D

Thank you for using Faith auto-post. Had this actually been Faith, there would have been no smiling involved.

Well, Faith Auto-Post, please tell Faith that I listen as well as she does! So there!

•  

Faith

shh .. did y'all hear something?  I didn't think so, must have been the wind.

now, what was I going on about ..............................................................................

•