News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are your most liked foods?

Started by ChrissyRyan, March 11, 2018, 03:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudiBlueEyes

Quote from: Dietlind on December 16, 2018, 06:33:04 PM
You mean those how they are in western Poland and Germany? (Kohlrouladen)

My Irish grandmother used to make these.  My grandfather was Polish.  We always called them Golumpki (Golabki) although as kids we dropped the "L" when we said the name.   I haven't had these in decades!  Brings back fond memories!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 16, 2018, 06:40:53 PM

I do not know how they make or serve them in those countries.
Just go to the grocery, frozen food section and look for stuffed peppers or cabbage rolls.
There is beef and rice in the stuffing, and a tomato based sauce.  Tasty.

Chrissy
I thought you make them from scratch, as my mother always did at home.  I have not have had a stuffed cabbage roll since my wife left me (she learned it from my mother how to do them).
I make my own stuffed peppers from scratch, but have never tried to make the cabbage rolls.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Linde

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on December 16, 2018, 07:48:34 PM
My Irish grandmother used to make these.  My grandfather was Polish.  We always called them Golumpki (Golabki) although as kids we dropped the "L" when we said the name.   I haven't had these in decades!  Brings back fond memories!
I know that the Polish version is basically the same as the German version.  We should meet and do a cabbage roll festival!
Kind like "all the cabbage rolls you can eat"

•  

Lisa89125

Spaghetti

Fish any kind except the sushi. Ick!

Stuffed peppers

Corn beef and cabbage

Chicken and rice

Cubed steak and fries with corn on the cob

Roasted chicken

Flank steak and bell peppers sandwiches.

Reuben sandwich once in a while. They are bad for you in every way!

Anything Chinese.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on December 16, 2018, 09:18:10 PM
I thought you make them from scratch, as my mother always did at home.  I have not have had a stuffed cabbage roll since my wife left me (she learned it from my mother how to do them).
I make my own stuffed peppers from scratch, but have never tried to make the cabbage rolls.

Linde,

If you can make stuffed peppers, just put that meat stuffing into softened and flexible cabbage leaves. 

To prepare the cabbage for wrapping, cut out the core of the cabbage and heat up the rest of the head of cabbage in hot water for about ten minutes.  Cabbage leaves can then be stuffed, and you might be able to make two rolls from a large cabbage leaf.  You may prefer to cut out the large vein in the leaf.  Or leave it in.

Cook the stuffed cabbage rolls in the same tomatoey sauce as you cook your stuffed peppers.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 17, 2018, 05:58:46 PM
Linde,

If you can make stuffed peppers, just put that meat stuffing into softened and flexible cabbage leaves. 

To prepare the cabbage for wrapping, cut out the core of the cabbage and heat up the rest of the head of cabbage in hot water for about ten minutes.  Cabbage leaves can then be stuffed, and you might be able to make two rolls from a large cabbage leaf.  You may prefer to cut out the large vein in the leaf.  Or leave it in.

Cook the stuffed cabbage rolls in the same tomatoey sauce as you cook your stuffed peppers.

Chrissy
Thanks!  Now that it is getting cooler outside, I might want to try it!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 22, 2018, 03:43:54 PM
Sea scallops.
And for me it is still any kind of fish, as long as it is not catfish!
Had it for supper last night and for lunch today!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on December 22, 2018, 03:47:55 PM
And for me it is still any kind of fish, as long as it is not catfish!
Had it for supper last night and for lunch today!

I prefer most wild caught fish, so I usually bypass farm raised fish if I am aware of the origin.

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 22, 2018, 03:57:33 PM

I prefer most wild caught fish, so I usually bypass farm raised fish if I am aware of the origin.

Chrissy
I don't tauch farm raised fish with a ten foot pole when I buy it myself!  But you never know what you get in a restaurant.  That's why I eat mostly halibut or cod in a restaurant.  Because to my knowledge, they don't farm raise those!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Big, fluffy, soft, fresh right out of the oven dinner rolls.

If anyone would provide a recipe, that would be appreciated!   :)

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 26, 2018, 05:18:01 PM

Chrissy
If you want to chase me out of the house, serve those empty calories dinner rolls!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on December 26, 2018, 05:28:55 PM
If you want to chase me out of the house, serve those empty calories dinner rolls!

They can taste good with apple butter on them.

Have not had one in five months as they are not on my diet.

But I would like one.  Make it a big one that pulls apart in three sections perhaps!

Chrissy
  •  

Dena

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 26, 2018, 05:18:01 PM

Chrissy
I use the Parker House recipe from Joy of Cooking however this one is similar though I think the sugar might be a bit much. Also it doesn't use any water replacing the water with milk.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dena on December 26, 2018, 08:10:48 PM
I use the Parker House recipe from Joy of Cooking however this one is similar though I think the sugar might be a bit much. Also it doesn't use any water replacing the water with milk.

Thank you Dena.

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

ChrissyRyan

Really good strawberry jam, spread over warm toast.

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

I was invited for dinner at friends tonight, and they had a first for me.  A rather thick cut of pork chop, split open lengthwise and stuffed with ginger.

This was really tasty!
Here I though being originally from Germany, I had seen any- and everything one can do with a pork chop!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on January 01, 2019, 08:21:01 PM
I was invited for dinner at friends tonight, and they had a first for me.  A rather thick cut of pork chop, split open lengthwise and stuffed with ginger.

This was really tasty!
Here I though being originally from Germany, I had seen any- and everything one can do with a pork chop!

Hmmm.  A stuffed pork chop!   I like Wiener schnitzel.

Chrissy
  •