News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddie86

Quote from: Roll on August 08, 2018, 10:26:27 PM
Went to a place that opened a few months ago here that specializes in insanely spicy chicken. It is so, so, so, sooooooooooooooooo good. First went a few weeks ago and I've been back 5 times already. The owner/chef sat down with me and my step brother and talked to us for a while, showed us what he uses for the seasoning and everything(50/50 Ghost Pepper and Cayenne). Offered us free icecream cookie sandwiches for finishing the chicken. ;D I didn't take him up on it for calorie reasons, but my step brother said it was amazing (homemade apparently there). Their sides are also amazing. I had flash fried Brussels sprouts with honey and the best tater tots in the history of tater tots. I have no idea what they do to them, but they are incredible. My lips were giant and pink from the spice, I'm thinking about getting ghost pepper just to put on my lips each morning for some awesome plumpness. ;D

that sounds amazing! what's the place called?

•  

Roll

Quote from: Maddie86 on August 09, 2018, 04:38:20 AM
that sounds amazing! what's the place called?

Porch
https://www.porchssi.com/

It is literally in a converted house with a huge screened in southern style front porch.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Colleen_definitely

I would wreck myself at a place like that. Seriously that sounds amazing.

Wait saint Simon's?  I used to go out that way years ago when I was stationed at camp swampy (fort Stewart). Memories...
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Steak prices seem to be down this summer from last, or at least no higher when they are on sale,
so a nice pan fried ribeye and steamed asparagus was on the menu last night. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

I used the leftover provolone chicken to make a chicken and rice dish  ;D  Came out pretty good
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on August 10, 2018, 12:32:23 PM
I used the leftover provolone chicken to make a chicken and rice dish  ;D  Came out pretty good

That is great!

Today I made more steamed asparagus.  Very good, it was!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Roll on August 09, 2018, 09:36:28 AM
Porch
https://www.porchssi.com/

It is literally in a converted house with a huge screened in southern style front porch.

I just looked them up on yelp and the pictures look amazing! the breading looks really good! I've always wanted to try Nashville hot chicken, but in upstate NY the closest thing I can get is the KFC version, which actually isn't that bad lol

I've been thinking about making a version of it myself, I'm planning on doing it this sunday actually. to make Nashville hot sauce they take a spicy seasoning and then mix it with fryer oil and toss the chicken in it, but I'm doing a breakfast version so I'm just going to take the seasoning and put it directly on the chicken and then bread it and fry it and put it on a homemade biscuit with some pepper jelly, bacon, cheddar, and I'm thinking a jalapeno honey butter too  >:-)
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Tonight I'm making curried eggplant with chickpeas and some corn on the cob.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

V M

I made a french dip sandwich and fries last night
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Maid Marion

Hawaii's Musubi last night.  Fried Spam glazed in a Japanese sauce of boiled mirin/sugar/soy on top of white rice and wrapped with seaweed or Nori.

I also eat fried Spam with a simple glaze of 1/8 oz brown sugar and 1TBL of yellow mustard, mixed and heated in the microwave.
  •  

Maid Marion

Quote from: V M on August 11, 2018, 05:10:36 AM
I made a french dip sandwich and fries last night
I ought to make that.  I'll order that at Arby's.  And Perkins when traveling through Pennsylvania!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I might try some Brussels sprouts tonight.  Veggies are in season, they are at such a good price.
Asparagus and squash may be on the plate.  We will just have to see!  Might throw in a small steak!
  •  

V M

Quote from: Maid Marion on August 11, 2018, 07:52:49 AM
I ought to make that.  I'll order that at Arby's.  And Perkins when traveling through Pennsylvania!

There is nothing like homemade though  ;D

- V M
  •  

Donica

Last night I made my favorite enchilada style breakfast burrito. 3 egg omelette with chopped onions, 4 slices of bacon, hash browns, Pace Picante sauce, about a cup of homemade pico de gallo, all rolled up in a large flour tortilla.

Throw it on a dinner plate, add a handful of tortilla chips next to it, all smothered with Las Palma medium enchilada sauce (including the chips), mass handfuls Monterey Jack cheese, nuke it in the microwave to melt the cheese and cover with a healthy dose of sour cream. Garnished with cilantro. It looked beautiful! I should have taken a picture. Oh well, next time.

I often do this for breakfast but I was in a breakfast burrito kind of mood last night. I can only eat half of this, so I will be having leftovers tonight too. Yummmm!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

I think I may try my hand at baking an Italian sausage/cheese bread for spaghetti night. Garlic bread is great but, Italian sausage bread............. way better if done right.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on August 09, 2018, 10:30:22 PM
I would wreck myself at a place like that. Seriously that sounds amazing.

Wait saint Simon's?  I used to go out that way years ago when I was stationed at camp swampy (fort Stewart). Memories...

I'm always surprised the number of people who know the area, it feels so small and meh to me. ;D Though I've appreciated it more of late for the beauty.

Quote from: Maddie86 on August 10, 2018, 06:41:59 PM
I just looked them up on yelp and the pictures look amazing! the breading looks really good! I've always wanted to try Nashville hot chicken, but in upstate NY the closest thing I can get is the KFC version, which actually isn't that bad lol

I've been thinking about making a version of it myself, I'm planning on doing it this sunday actually. to make Nashville hot sauce they take a spicy seasoning and then mix it with fryer oil and toss the chicken in it, but I'm doing a breakfast version so I'm just going to take the seasoning and put it directly on the chicken and then bread it and fry it and put it on a homemade biscuit with some pepper jelly, bacon, cheddar, and I'm thinking a jalapeno honey butter too  >:-)

DOOOOO IT!!!!!!

Anywho, two meals of note! Last night I made possibly the best fajitas I've ever had. Made a custom cajun blackening with cilantro and cumin added, tons of extra spice. Marinated chicken in it and lime. Used fresh local red onion and red bell peppers. I roasted the peppers and grilled the onions, while preparing the chicken on an outdoor griddle. Diced the veggies and chicken and tossed back on. Melted Oaxaca cheese over it right on the griddle. Grilled corn on the cob on the side.

Today I made grilled salmon in a ginger garlic pepper marinade, came out perfect. Served over seasoned jasmine rice. (Sushi su style vinegar with garlic and ginger.)

Tomorrow is Palak Paneer!
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Donica

Quote from: Roll on August 08, 2018, 10:26:27 PM
Went to a place that opened a few months ago here that specializes in insanely spicy chicken. It is so, so, so, sooooooooooooooooo good. First went a few weeks ago and I've been back 5 times already. The owner/chef sat down with me and my step brother and talked to us for a while, showed us what he uses for the seasoning and everything(50/50 Ghost Pepper and Cayenne). Offered us free icecream cookie sandwiches for finishing the chicken. ;D I didn't take him up on it for calorie reasons, but my step brother said it was amazing (homemade apparently there). Their sides are also amazing. I had flash fried Brussels sprouts with honey and the best tater tots in the history of tater tots. I have no idea what they do to them, but they are incredible. My lips were giant and pink from the spice, I'm thinking about getting ghost pepper just to put on my lips each morning for some awesome plumpness. ;D

Ghost pepper and cayenne sounds a lot hotter El Pollo Loco and Popeyes. I love spicy foods. Especially spicy chicken. I don't know about ghost pepper? I don't want to burn my lips off.
  •  

Roll

Honestly, at this point whenever I get spicy food 99% of places I'm always confused and think they sent me the wrong meal until someone else takes a bite and immediately go "WOW, That's spicy". Even at an Indian place I went to in Savannah and asked for Vindaloo extra spicy, they kept coming to the table asking if I was okay because it was the spiciest thing they've ever made, and I'm just eating it without a second thought, like... "Yeah, I mean, it's good, it's pretty spicy I guess". I have ruined my concept of spicy I've built my tolerance up so high, and brought my step brother and sister along with me. ;D

But then there's Ghost Pepper. Now that I feel. Oh dear lord do I feel it.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Roll on August 08, 2018, 10:22:09 PM
Stouffers is the best mac and cheese in the world and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

That's my girl!  ;D

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on August 10, 2018, 07:57:27 AM
Steak prices seem to be down this summer from last, or at least no higher when they are on sale,
so a nice pan fried ribeye and steamed asparagus was on the menu last night. 

Chrissy

Pan frying gives you perfect control, it's my preferred method of cooking a ribeye, too. And I have one for tomorrow.  ;D

Quote from: Maid Marion on August 11, 2018, 07:52:49 AM

I haven't been to an Arby's (and stolen a bottle of Arby's sauce) since forever!

Tonight I'm having open face meatball sandwiches on nice, fresh Italian bread. Mama Mia!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I decided to make a tomato basil base vegetable stew of sorts with four types of sliced fresh peppers, some hot; plus fresh picked squash varieties and a lot of tomatoes.  Added some cooked ground sirloin, as well as some onion.   

We will see how it turns out.  A hodgpodge of sorts that should be relatively healthy and low cost.

I am not much of a chef.  I do experiment though, for the fun of it.  Picking organically grown veggies and cooking or eating it within minutes of picking can make for great eats.

Chrissy
  •