Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Why are the pockets on women’s pants often so shallow?

Started by ChrissyRyan, November 12, 2018, 05:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

I found at a thrift store some nice used corduroy women's pants that has deeper pockets.
They are not curvy cut.  Looks like they may never have been worn before, they are in great shape.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LaRae

Good LORD this was an annoying little discovery upon beginning transition. Imagine my surprise the first time I tried to put my hands/wallet in my pocket and they weren't frigging there! >:(

Oh well, just more excuse to carry my cute purse   :laugh:
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour and it can never be used to hurt you."
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: LaRae on April 19, 2019, 08:32:36 PM
Good LORD this was an annoying little discovery upon beginning transition. Imagine my surprise the first time I tried to put my hands/wallet in my pocket and they weren't frigging there! >:(

Oh well, just more excuse to carry my cute purse   :laugh:

Yes!  Purses have their benefits too.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

KristySims

So I have to share this, and I have to mention I'm still in both worlds (presenting as me about half the time)  since I started coming out this last month and last week was to my only guy friend whom I work with. Who was actually very supportive (Another story) so the funny thing was that the next day I had to meet a soil test guy for a piece of land I am planning to build on so I threw on a pair of jeans and sweater and just planned to go into work afterwards (No meetings that day) so a few hours later I pull in to work, grab my wallet and phone and in the immortal words of Scooby Doo... Ruh Roh! my phone didn't slip inside my pocket yup I had grabbed my girl jeans.  Okay no big deal I took off my sweater and just carried my phone and wallet in...  so what guy carry's his phone and wallet in his hands, I had to kinda hide that in my sweater.  Anyways an hour or so passes and Dave, my co-worker stops by for a break and I grab my bundle of phone, wallet and sweater and then preceded to share with him the reason why I was doing that... which was kinda awesome that I could actually share that I was wearing my Girl jeans and how ridiculous the pockets were.  Needless to say he had no idea they were different (Girls and Guys pants) this led to sharing the button and zipper sides being different and the underwear tags...  I almost thought about telling him we had left and right socks too LOL
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: KristySimsx on April 21, 2019, 08:04:19 AM
So I have to share this, and I have to mention I'm still in both worlds (presenting as me about half the time)  since I started coming out this last month and last week was to my only guy friend whom I work with. Who was actually very supportive (Another story) so the funny thing was that the next day I had to meet a soil test guy for a piece of land I am planning to build on so I threw on a pair of jeans and sweater and just planned to go into work afterwards (No meetings that day) so a few hours later I pull in to work, grab my wallet and phone and in the immortal words of Scooby Doo... Ruh Roh! my phone didn't slip inside my pocket yup I had grabbed my girl jeans.  Okay no big deal I took off my sweater and just carried my phone and wallet in...  so what guy carry's his phone and wallet in his hands, I had to kinda hide that in my sweater.  Anyways an hour or so passes and Dave, my co-worker stops by for a break and I grab my bundle of phone, wallet and sweater and then preceded to share with him the reason why I was doing that... which was kinda awesome that I could actually share that I was wearing my Girl jeans and how ridiculous the pockets were.  Needless to say he had no idea they were different (Girls and Guys pants) this led to sharing the button and zipper sides being different and the underwear tags...  I almost thought about telling him we had left and right socks too LOL

:) Funny story!

I love wearing my girl jeans.

Women's and Men's jeans can look similar, providing there are no feminine embellishments!

Chrissy

•  

KristySims

I love mine too! now if we can combine the stretchy girl fabric and the guy pockets BAM! perfect.  I would like to be able to at least keep my phone from sticking a foot out!  Not everyone wants to carry a purse all the time :P
  •  

Kylo

As a girl I used to keep everything in my pockets, I've never had a purse or a handbag... I liked to keep my bank cards, money, etc. on my person and not forgettable. That stuff usually went into my jeans pockets and anything else I needed into the inside pockets of a coat.

The few occasions I wore dresses, that obv has no pockets I'd always wear a coat with them. For some reason I never forget my coat but bags I have forgotten to pick up with me many times.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

TheRitz

I am usually minimalist when I go out.  As in I don't normally like carrying a larger bag with me unless it is absolutely necessary.

I found a clutch like this in size https://www.amazon.com/Book-Spells-Clutch-Vinyl-Material/dp/B073X5YXV6 is easy to deal with tho.  Mines is different and has a bunch of card slots and an see thru ID.  But it also fits my phone well as well as small things.  Its no replacement for a bag, but nor are male jeans sized pockets.  It hangs on your wrist so eventually you will just forget its there, never really gets in the way.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/iqql/ Found the one I have, obv it doesnt hafta be a spell book but the size is whats important.  Not too big, not too small.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think it would be nice if the pockets were deeper at least, at least on more pants.
We would still always have the option to not use the pockets.  Yay for purses too!

Everybody have a great day!

Chrissy
  •  

JamesG

Carhartt makes women's jeans/khakis/pants with real pockets.  Same with Dickies and other "work wear" brands.  They also almost always come "unembellished" which is useful if you don't want to scream "I'M WEARING GIRL PANTS!". but your butt is girl shaped.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 22, 2019, 05:09:45 AM
I think it would be nice if the pockets were deeper at least, at least on more pants.
We would still always have the option to not use the pockets.  Yay for purses too!

Everybody have a great day!

Chrissy
When I was a guy, i preferred the cargo type pants.  I could carry my entire household around in those things!  I still try to find female versions of them, I have two now.  But even the cargo pants in their female rendition have smaller pockets (including the cargo pockets).  I have no idea why this is so, because there is still the same amount of space on the sides of my legs! 
It seems to be some kind of unwritten law that woman's pants have to have little pockets, no matter in which location those pockets are!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Dietlind on April 22, 2019, 08:34:26 AM
But even the cargo ants in their female rendition have smaller pockets

Fear the female the "Cargo Ants"  ;D

•  

Linde

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on April 22, 2019, 08:39:42 AM
Fear the female the "Cargo Ants"  ;D
Yes, they are very mean and vicious critters.  If properly trained, women can use them for self defense and don't need handguns!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

JamesG

Quote from: Dietlind on April 22, 2019, 08:34:26 AM

It seems to be some kind of unwritten law that woman's pants have to have little pockets, no matter in which location those pockets are!

They signal "small" "petite". etc.
  •  

Josie_L

•