Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

This day in history an 8 year old opened my eyes

Started by SailorMars1994, February 16, 2019, 10:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SailorMars1994

Hey all. I'm back to express a memory I felt long ago. For the record I am still doing super well and life is still never better than these days!

This day 11 years ago I got to learn that being trans is a real thing. See, prior to 2008 I still had deepnfeeligs of belonging to the female camp but was saturated by views and ideas that you can't be what you feel as if you're tran. Whenever I saw or heard if trans people it was always in a negative light of being cross dressers acting over the top or trans women on Maury being mocked. On February 16 2008 I had a bit of a different read. It was a Saturday, matching the same calander day as this year. I was at my mom friends appartment watching the news and some where in the YSA an 8 year old MTF was a topic of subject. Think this was either in the west coast or Colorado, not sure where she was. I remember the news people talking about her and her going to school and such even though she didn't talk or was even shown in segment. I was speechless. Despite being heavily closeted about my gender feelings and sexuality my heart went out to her hoping that bad things didn't happen to her and how impressive it was for an 8 year old to come out and be the girl she always truly was. I began to picture what my life would have been like if I started to transition at that age back then and it was a new nice feeling.

I still often wonder what happened to that girl. She would be 19 today. I wonder if she's in college, how her past decade has been, how she's managing to hold herself together despite being a massively targeted minority due to her government. I don't even know this girls name and her story still is fresh in my mind. I hope that she is doing great. She made me realize for the first time (before I reinternalized everything) that bein trans is pure and you can be you and not allow other to hold you or make you out as bad. Take care girl and thabks for courage.
AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello Ashley

Yes indeed. These children of the late 2000s showed great courage and motivation and are good examples for others more recent to follow. I am so grateful that transgender children are much more discussed now and more so with understanding (although sadly some still are opposed to them) here in UK and I assume also in Canada and US.

Like you I wish this now nineteen year old every success and happiness.

Hugs

Pamela

•