Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

5 inch heels... now thats a task and a half

Started by Kendall, June 24, 2006, 11:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendall

I just received 2 5 inch heels that I ordered online. I had ordered it since it seemed like the highest, most common type heel. I didnt really want any platforms. I think my highest regular heel is 2 or 3 inch.

Stepping into these really got me wobbling about. And sore ankles. Tendons stretch where they have never been stretched before lol. Well, my second day is better. Not as weak nor painful so far.

My GF gasped and said " I'm not bringing you to the hospital if you break your leg in those."
  •  

Melissa

Why would anyone want to wear 5-inch heels?  The biggest I plan to ever wear are 3-inch heels.

Melissa
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hey there Kendra.

5" heels that is a stretch.  I'm comfortable in 3" heels and have been wearing them daily now for quite a while, but wow 5".  How long can you wear them, and I could see where driving would be a challenge.

Chat later.

Steph
  •  

Kendall

Ya ,
I got them on a small splurge to try a few things new.

My first attempt could only move like 15 feet, lol. Right now I can ....let me check, sec.

About 50 steps.

Gonna try to follow the tips from this page and see how it goes http://shoes.about.com/od/fashionfootwear/ht/walk_high_heels.htm

Here is what one looks like, that I got.

I guess I try some unusual things sometimes. Bare with me if I do some weird things sometimes, lol. Curiosity sometimes gets the best of me. Its my inner Barbie acting up. She is fearless sometimes lol.
  •  

Jillieann Rose

Becareful Kendra you could do really damage if you fall off them. :'(
3 inch heels are as high as I will go. I'm already 5' 8" and don't want to seem any taller.  And it would be just my luck that I would fall off of 5" heels and break something. Most likely I'd hurt my back too.  :o
5" heels, Good luck, ;D
:)
Jillieann 
  •  

Kendall

Yes careful is the word.

Definately not for most ladies, I do like the shape and arch it gives me when wearing them. I like what it does to my lower body, and the sway it gives in my walk.
  •  

Chaunte

Five inch heels...!?  Ouch!  My feet hurt wearing 4" heels, which I do only for the camera!  Of course, I DO have a little extra mass that has to be supported by the balls of my feet...

Chaunte
  •  

Sandi

Two or three inch heels is plenty unless you seldom have to be on your feet. I did wear 4 inch heels to work just once because a couple of girls in the office didn't believe I could walk in them. However even then I switched to my 2 in open sandal style soon after my point was made.

Four inch or higher heels—like my girlfriend Cindy says—are just for sitting and looking pretty.

But in a large heel I could have fun with this one.

Sandi
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Now that is the type of ruby red slipper that I would return to Kansas in :)

Steph
  •  

Kendall

Yes my GF also said only thing they are good for is taking pictures in. I dont see myself using them to walk far. Is more for show. Well if just for pictures is what they end up being, I am sure I can find plenty use for them. In contrast of course I have my fluffy pink ankle high house slippers, which are the ultimate in comfort.
  •  

MaryEllen

Five inch heels ??  Whoa, I have enough trouble navigating in the standard flat heel. I'd probably fall over and break my neck if I attemped something like that.
(HMMMM. There are probably some people who would love to see that happen. LOL)
Live for today. Tomorrow is not promised
  •  

HelenW

Oh I just LOVE the trike!

Is there a passenger seat in the heel?  I'd love to tool that thing down Main street in my burg just once.

I think I'd use 5 inch heels (that's 126mm for the metric folks) just for the muscle stretching that wearing them and standing up would cause.  Like, say, for istance, a yoga aid?

helen
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Kendall

Yes speaking of breaking neck and falling over, MaryEllen if I ever get a gift of ones any higher than these, I will be sure to get suspicious that they just want me dead, lol.

These do stretch the muscles and puts the weight on the front part of the foot.

Here is a comparison of my heels that I have.

Here is how they fit wearing them

•  

MarcosGirl

I love those one's all the way to the left.  They remind me of a pair I had "back in the day".  I used to wear shoes that high (and I'm already 5' 8 1/2")!  I'm 40 now, and I can barely handle 3 inch heels. The balls of my feet really hurt.  I guess my feet are used to wearing steel-toed safety work boots for work now.  Besides, Marco is 4 inches shorter than I am, so we look for guys boots with higher heels and flatsies for me.

:) :)
Pam
  •  

Kendall

yes,
I like those two. Not good to practice in though since they strap in. The others ones are easy to slip off and on in. They look nice though, for the price I got them, is why I got them. Yes they do add some height. Guys look great in boots and cowboy boots with some heels. Havent seen many in supper high ones, besides goth and KISS type metal/glam rockers.
  •  

Jennifer72

I really like the ones all the way on the left too! Super Sexy! My fav, though are cowboy boots with a more slender heel, High heel boots anything with a wedge heel, (ok,ok, I'll admit it... Hi, I'm Jennifer and I'm a shoe slut!) LOL!

Jennifer
  •  

Robyn

When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

angelsgirl

Based on that picture, I could only wear the ones from the middle to the right.  Even though I'm only 5 feet tall, I just don't have the ankles (or the gracefulness) to walk in those tall ones!  I can only pull off 3" heels, tops! 

I wish you the best of luck, and if you can manage them, I will be forced to admit that you are a better woman (and less clumsy) than I!  ;D
  •  

Kendall

Quote from: reikirobyn on June 27, 2006, 06:42:11 PM
FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS!!!

Robyn

Lol made me laugh reading that.

Quote from: Jennifer72 on June 27, 2006, 05:56:41 PM
I really like the ones all the way on the left too! Super Sexy! My fav, though are cowboy boots with a more slender heel, High heel boots anything with a wedge heel, (ok,ok, I'll admit it... Hi, I'm Jennifer and I'm a shoe slut!) LOL!

Jennifer
I dont have a lot of shoes but I am liking them more and more.

Quote from: angelsgirl on June 27, 2006, 07:17:10 PM
Based on that picture, I could only wear the ones from the middle to the right.  Even though I'm only 5 feet tall, I just don't have the ankles (or the gracefulness) to walk in those tall ones!  I can only pull off 3" heels, tops! 

I wish you the best of luck, and if you can manage them, I will be forced to admit that you are a better woman (and less clumsy) than I!  ;D

I am not there yet. Might not ever get there. Just is something interesting to me I wanted to try =)
  •  

sheila18

kendra:
I loved the topic.
I couldn't help noticing how you arranged them, sort of likee th Cingular bars!
Defenitely the ones on hte left. I can only wear them for 15 minutes when I first try them, but slowly my tendons stretch and my muscles relax. I need electrolytes though or I get cramps. The sad story is that by the time am all ready and feeling great my skin peels where the leather touches my skin. I have 5 inch sandals, that might be the reason dah! Practice practice practice.
love sheila
  •