Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Body modification?

Started by 6thsomatic, December 07, 2008, 01:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky

I had tunnels (guages or whatever you fellas call them) in my lobes for years. I am so glad they mostly returned to normal piercing size. They were just getting smelly and I kind of got sick of them. Also I wantd some nice dangly earings.
  •  

JonasCarminis

Quote from: Nicky on January 15, 2009, 01:16:38 AM
I had tunnels (guages or whatever you fellas call them) in my lobes for years. I am so glad they mostly returned to normal piercing size. They were just getting smelly and I kind of got sick of them. Also I wantd some nice dangly earings.

the smell comes from shed skin that has nowhere to go, so it gets trapped.  that can be minimized by taking out your earrings and washing your ears daily like in the shower or something.  also using jojoba, vitamin E, or emu oil on them will help keep them nice and moisturized which will help with skin sheding.  it will also keep your ears fat and healthy.
  •  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Jeatyn

I read emu oil as emo oil, my brain was working over time trying to figure that one out  ;D
  •  

Bethany W

•  

JonasCarminis

bethany... I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!!!  and that show.  haha

ive heard of teatree oil, but im scared to have it in my house because i heard it can kill birds if they injest it.  and i hold my bird a lot.
  •  

JonasCarminis

•  

JonasCarminis

Quote from: Nicky on January 25, 2009, 08:53:32 PM
Quote from: Josh on January 25, 2009, 07:02:41 PM
i split my tongue. :)

How was it?

AWESOME.  lol i posted a blog entry on here if you want to go see. :)
  •  

Jay

Oooooo I had my lip pierced!

•  

SpazOutLoud

I have my left lobe pierced and not my right to seem more masculine. I have an industrial on my right ear. I do want to get a small lip piercing on my left side. Some day....when I'm not around my parents.

I have the Black Speech of Mordor tattooed on my left forearm. Ya know....That stuff written on The One Ring....:P When i save up enough money i'm going to get more geek related tattoos.
  •  

Jeatyn

I have the urge for another piercing

torn between:

eyebrow
other side of my lip
tongue
  •  

KYLYKaHYT

At one time I had five gun piercings in each ear, although I rarely wear earrings in any of them except for the two bottommost ones anymore. Most of them have probably healed over by now.

I also have a (rather regrettable) tattoo that I got many years ago of a woman with *really big bewbs* on one of my shoulders (which is not the way I originally drew her, but I was pretty drunk at the time and the tattoo artist took some "artistic liberties").  :o

I suppose if I was Amy Winehouse I might think the tat was kinda kewel, but I ain't... and I really don't.  :eusa_eh:
ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ
  •  

Jeatyn

Quote from: Josh on January 25, 2009, 11:27:43 PM
Quote from: Nicky on January 25, 2009, 08:53:32 PM
Quote from: Josh on January 25, 2009, 07:02:41 PM
i split my tongue. :)

How was it?

AWESOME.  lol i posted a blog entry on here if you want to go see. :)

I watched that video last night and oh good god you are brave! It looks freakin awesome!
  •  

Pica Pica

for an whole pound I bought myself a really interesting pictoral history of tattoos, I'm almost temptified.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

tekla

Black Speech of Mordor tattooed on my left forearm. Ya know....That stuff written on The One Ring

I'm pretty sure the writing on the Ring is Elvish, as they made the Ring.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Nicky

No, I think it was blackspeach, the elves did not make the one ring. Sauron made it in Mordor (black speach uses Tengwar, which is the same script elvish languages use so it looks like elvish).

I just saw Josh's vids on splitting his tongue. There was this one when they were all pale and looking like they were going to puke, that did me in. Brave man, brave.

Do you have any issues with talking? Eating?
  •  

tekla

As I used to ask my students all the time... "Did you really read the book, or just watch the movie?"

Gandalf speaking, in the chapter Shadow of the Past, Book One.

In Eregion long ago many Elven-rings were made, magic rings as you call them, and there were, of course, of various kinds: some more potent and some less.  The lesser rings were only essays in the craft before it was full-grown, and Elven-smiths they were but trifles - yet still to my mind still dangerous to mortals.  But the Great Rings, the Rings of Power, they were perilous. 

A few pages later.... Still Gandalf....

'No,' said Gandalf, 'but I can.  The letters are Elvish of an ancient mode, but the language is that of Mordor....'

So, if you have the tattoo of the script as it appears in the book, what you have is not Mordor - I don't think a written version of Mordor is found anywhere in the book, but Elvish.

Sauron helped the Elves to make the ring, but the real ring magic is the Elf's bad act, and as a result one of the outcomes is that they are pretty much self-banished from Middle Earth.

FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

ZaidaZadkiel

Is Elvis related to the Elves ?

Also, I had one industrial on my <-- ear. But after a particularly stupid bike accident, I no longer have it. I have the two earlobes pierced, and I wear dangly earrings almost daily, people find it funny, apparently.

And I'm going to get an orchideoctothing eventually, I'll try first with androblockers to see what happens, so I don't regret it later.
  •