Yes
5 (17.9%)
No
1 (3.6%)
I would totally do it again
2 (7.1%)
Yes, ITS AMAZING.
0 (0%)
It looks like something from an horror movie.
0 (0%)
I dont have surgery but he's my choice
14 (50%)
I didn't go to him, I have SRS
4 (14.3%)
I wouldn't choose him, I don't have SRS
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

lpfix2009

Looks like I will be going under the knife April 14th 2009.

Now, I was told many times that Brassard does not operate on a Wednesday. Surely this date is a Wednesday in 2010.

Also I added a poll which id like to have some input. Even from the non yet Brassard girls there's an area for you.

My date was given after filling out a medical questionnaire from Suzanne.

Can I please get an array of details from the Brassard Girls how and why you like it or dislike it etc...
  •  

Julie Marie

Congrats girl!!!

Brassard definitely knows his stuff.  He was the pioneer of the single step procedure and Marci Bowers learned it from him (so I'm told).  He has a great bedside manner.  The recovery facility is excellent and included in the price.  He has a great staff and an excellent reputation.

There is a language barrier however.  Most of the staff speaks English but some don't.  And emailing is not the best way to communicate.  You have to call them.

There are a few things rarely talked about with GRS. 
You will be numb down there for a while (6+ months).  Swelling can take a year or more to completely subside.  You will be very tight and lubrication will almost always be needed before intercourse.  This is major surgery and recovery is lengthy.  One friend of mine had GRS three years ago and she says she's now really feeling like everything is normal down there.

You will probably be happy with the results but don't expect instant results.  It takes time.

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

lpfix2009

Nice thanks for this beautiful comment :) I am aware of the numbness stuff, I am still a little numb in the nipples a tad from BA done Feb 2009

I confirmed wednesday April 14th 2009
  •  

sarahb

Wow, I never knew you could schedule SRS for the past :P (I know you meant 2010 :))

Congrats! I'm jealous! I chose "I dont have surgery but he's my choice" since I'm getting my letters and down payment in order now and will be scheduling with him for next year within the next few weeks.

~Sarah
  •  

Steph

I didn't regret my experience with him; Ditto everything Julie said.  He's a real charmer very warm hearted as well.  Geeze I hope you meant 2010 otherwise you're late :)

-={LR}=-
Enjoy life and be happy.  You won't be back.

WARNING: This body contains nudity, sexuality, and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised. And I tend to rub folks the wrong way cause I say it as I see it...

http://www.facebook.com/switzerstephanie
  •  

Laura Eva B

Quote from: Julie Marie on September 29, 2009, 03:36:46 PM
There are a few things rarely talked about with GRS. 
You will be numb down there for a while (6+ months).  Swelling can take a year or more to completely subside.  You will be very tight and lubrication will almost always be needed before intercourse.  This is major surgery and recovery is lengthy.  One friend of mine had GRS three years ago and she says she's now really feeling like everything is normal down there.
Julie

We must agree to disagree ...  ;)

I never had any numbness at all, problem was always more to do with sensitivity and tenderness. 

Don't pressure yourself to have orgasm, it can take 6 months as you need to feel really relaxed with yourself and have no fears about being rather "rough" with a healing area.  Don't compare post-op orgasm with pre-everything orgasm, its nice and if you're like me (even without a guy) you'll want to get there every day !

Brassard gives you OK lubrication, never had problems with unprotected sex as the sum of fluids is well enough ... but with rubbers - ouch !

Brassard is cute ...  ;)

French helps (least it did in the interim recovery facility before the new residence opened).

Montreal is a beautiful city, try spend some time there before you go home.  Its indicative of Brassard that I was up for spending serious sightseeing and restaurant time at 10 days post-op, before my flight back on day 15 ...

Girl, you've made the best choice out there apart from maybe Meltzer !

Hugs,
Laura x

•  

lpfix2009

My appoligies, I meant April 14th 2010. Im so used of typing 2009 were a couple months shy from year 2010.

Thanks for all the awesome reply girls, I am fully aware how cute he is but I do love my Dr. John Goodhew he's so so gorgeous.

I am actually French Canadian. (Bonjour a tout le monde qui parle francais.)

I am not worried about O's I just want this waste of dead space between my legs gone! At least ill be able to wear a bikini by Summer 2010.

I would care less of the depth as well since I  just want my thingie gone but since it comes all in one, ill take the bonus with open arms.
  •  

gothique11

I had surgery with Dr. Brassard and I'd say my results are good. It does take time to heal, although, and even after a year I've noticed a few changes. Over all, very good.

I self-lube pretty well, myself, if I'm in the mood.
  •  

lpfix2009

Quote from: gothique11 on October 01, 2009, 03:01:29 AM
I had surgery with Dr. Brassard and I'd say my results are good. It does take time to heal, although, and even after a year I've noticed a few changes. Over all, very good.

I self-lube pretty well, myself, if I'm in the mood.

MmMm self lubbing fluids arghghghgh

oops I mean (Oh yeah? Awesome!)
  •  

JakeDenver

I know this topic is old and really not what I am talking about but how did you get in contact with Brassard? I have emailed him and I never get a reply. Thanks for your help.
  •  

lpfix2009

Quote from: JakeDenver on November 24, 2009, 04:07:16 PM
I know this topic is old and really not what I am talking about but how did you get in contact with Brassard? I have emailed him and I never get a reply. Thanks for your help.

I didnt talk to brassard yet, just suzanne if you read my first topic
  •  

JakeDenver

•  

june bug

Just wanted to chime in that I'm looking forward to getting my GRS with Brassard as well, hopefully in June if they have time available.  Waiting for the offices to open again to set a date. :)
  •  

lpfix2009

Quote from: june bug on December 28, 2009, 06:33:48 AM
Just wanted to chime in that I'm looking forward to getting my GRS with Brassard as well, hopefully in June if they have time available.  Waiting for the offices to open again to set a date. :)

Ill be recovering by that time, I will twitter results and whats up over there.

At least if your aiming for June, youll be able to enjoy the outdoors sitting area of the recovery house under the canopy :D

Ill be sure to take a photo in the graduate book! :p
  •