Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Weird male "nicknames"

Started by Carson, June 12, 2010, 08:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GamerJames

The handful of my coworkers who I've come out to all call me by my last name. One of the guys just started doing that spontaneously because he couldn't call me James yet (I'm not "officially" out at work to everyone) and yet he didn't want to keep calling me by my old name. I thought that was very awesome of him, and also it was one of those things I didn't have growing up (the calling buddies by their last name thing seems exclusively male), so I was really stoked when the other guys started picking up on that and following suit.
♫ Oh give me a home, where the trans people roam, and the queers and the androgynes play... ♫

Facebook | YouTube
  •  

Farm Boy

Quote from: NES_junkie_James on June 16, 2010, 10:59:42 PM
The handful of my coworkers who I've come out to all call me by my last name. One of the guys just started doing that spontaneously because he couldn't call me James yet (I'm not "officially" out at work to everyone) and yet he didn't want to keep calling me by my old name. I thought that was very awesome of him, and also it was one of those things I didn't have growing up (the calling buddies by their last name thing seems exclusively male), so I was really stoked when the other guys started picking up on that and following suit.

That is very cool!  My best male friend sometimes calls me by my last name, and he's been doing that since... a long time.  I've never known girls to call each other by their last names either, so I was pretty excited about it too!
Started T - Sept. 19, 2012
Top surgery - Jan. 16, 2017
  •  

Silver

Quote from: NES_junkie_James on June 16, 2010, 10:59:42 PM

Irrelevant, but that's pretty cool. My PE teacher used to call me by my last name. I thought it was cool, no gendered name on top of making me feel sort of important. It's pretty cool if you like your last name.
  •  

justmeinoz

Lots of people here in Australia will get "y" added to their surname, Smith-Smithy, Burke-Burkey etc. Also sometimes "o" on the end of the first name "Dave-o", "Jacko" etc.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Bones

I had a boss that called me 'Son' or 'slick'
  •  

Morgan

Oddly enough, my girlfriend's dad has given me many nick names since I came out to her family. Like the standard stuff, champ, and boyo, and little man.

Non related to my transition, my dad calls me worm (No one knows why) my mom calls me Mort (also, no one knows why XD ) and all my cousins call me hottie ._. They're weird. My friend Sam calls me Mog, or Moggy. Thankfully I never had to go through a name change, because Morgan is a unisex name that I have always liked. Just need to get my middle changed from Alexandra to Alexander.

My gym teacher called me mighty mouse.. because I was really strong in second grade, apparently!

And my girlfriend calls me puddin' breath.... I hate that nickname. It makes no sense, I don't eat pudding! I hate pudding! I think she calls me that to annoy me XD So I call her bubble butt or something like that when she uses that nickname.

Spread the love rainbow
Like a wet cat on a windowpane
  •  

synthesinner

I go by Kaden to my friends...and mom.
I've been called Kadey, Kade, Syn, Duck or Synners. My friend called me Kaydizzle one time....still does. lol
  •