Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Anyone here not doing HRT or reasignment surgery?

Started by Rena, January 09, 2014, 11:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rena

I'm a M t F and I don't feel the need to have the reasignment surgery or take hormones. I'm blessed with a hyper feminine face so the only thing I would have to do is get my thick facial hair removed and thin my eyebrows. I'm also going to get small breast implants. I've already have moderate natural gynocomastia.   

I don't think that my genitals are anyone's business but my own. I only care about how my body and face look. If I look like a beautiful woman then I'm happy.

•  

Carolynn

I am not doing anything at present. not planning anything either
  •  

Kyra553

I plan to begin HRT soon, but I have no plans for SRS. I'm mtf and I think fat removal, hair removal, and maybe ffs would be more important for now.

I dont hate my lower parts, so why remove them?
  •  

kelly_aus

I'm on HRT but have no plans for SRS - I can't plan for it really, medical reasons prevent it. Not the biggest thing on my need to to list anyway..
  •  

BOBBIG

I am on HRT, and have no intentions of having surgery.  I know who I am,  for the most part, am happy and content in that knowledge.

I am 71 years old, have had radiation to kill prostate cancer and the stuff just doesn't function now.  Also the cost of such procedures, at my age, is an unnecessary expenditure. 

As I said, I know who I am, and physical appearance doesn't make me less of a woman.  These are my feelings and thoughts, and I'm stuck with them

Bobbi
  •  

Dahlia

Quote from: Rena on January 09, 2014, 11:30:57 PM
I'm a M t F and I don't feel the need to have the reasignment surgery or take hormones. I'm blessed with a hyper feminine face so the only thing I would have to do is get my thick facial hair removed and thin my eyebrows. I'm also going to get small breast implants. I've already have moderate natural gynocomastia.   

I don't think that my genitals are anyone's business but my own. I only care about how my body and face look. If I look like a beautiful woman then I'm happy.
What's your age then? Because a hyperfeminine face *can* masculinicise over the years....same for your body...not to mention going bald, since your description about your thick facial hair sounds like you have a 'good testosterone production'.
  •  

fusstangtroy

I started my journey on herbs year ago and just started my hrt 2 days ago .I am lucky married 50 year old that my wife right there with me .Me ,my wife and my doctor on same page that at my age have bits below worked on is not need to feel complete and negatives stuff involved with bits below stuff is not worth the risk . To me mental i will fine with that out come for rest of my life . I have already have had female big o with my breast and that to me is mind blowing (never had 20 min orgasm and im not going back) . Us girls that feel that way are rare but that just makes more special  ,People will only see happy sara and not whats in my pants .. Let the journey BEGIN ...
Life begins at 50 ..  if the boys only knew what there missing being girl ! The worst day being girls is still best day i have ever had ..(oh yea)..If being rich in life is have friends i hope you will join !!
  •  

Cassandra

I'm going to do HRT, when I can, but I won't SRT due to how expensive it is and I'm afraid of surgery....otherwise I think I would.
  •  

JoanneB

I've been On/Off HRT many times over the decades and am currently on them with no plans to stop. There definitely is a need for me to stay on that I am made well aware of when I get into my "WTF am I doing???" phases and tried to stop or taper down.

SRS never was a priority for me, still is not. My philosophy is the last thing I need to worry about is a panty check. SRS is not going to change the fact that I am 6 ft tall, big boned, big hands & feet, balding, and deep voiced.
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

luna

GCS is very low on my list of priorities. I suppose if I managed to get it covered by insurance and could find a doctor willing to do it regardless of my many other medical problems I might consider it. I doubt I would live through recovery, however, so at this point in time I don't think it's worth it for me to do. In an ideal world I wouldn't have heart and lung problems, but when I have an electrophysiologist and a cardiologist both telling me that the surgery would almost certainly kill me, I think it's best I not do it (frankly, I'm lucky to even be on HRT according to them).

I'm rather feminine, minus my massive nose that's frequently mistaken for an airstrip, so FFS isn't that important to me either. The nose being fixed from being shattered 16 years ago would be nice, and might become a medical necessity due to my increasing inability to breathe through it. If I could get them to take it down a bit at the same time, well, I think it would be worth it.

•  

AlexHunter

I'm not far enough along in my understanding to know what I'm eventually going to do, but I am going to stay married and can't imagine going through SRS. I'm not unhappy about what's down there.

Other than that, the body I see with my mind's eye in the mirror is a female body, and I will try and make the changes needed to make my body match what *I* can already see, but I don't know yet what that is going to require.
  •  

Ev

Tonight I came to the conclusion that if my hormone imbalance can be regulated with the HRT, I will not go through with the surgery.  If the surgery is needed, however, I will do it.

Something happened tonight.  I just stopped hating the penis.  It was weird, almost surreal.  I tried on a new dress/outfit, seen the manhood showing, and didn't care.  I have been doing a lot to soften up the last few months.  I started seeing myself more as a ">-bleeped-<" than anything else the last few weeks...and how can I be a ">-bleeped-<" if I remove the "male" part of the ">-bleeped-<?"  It was weird, like a switch just flipped.

The whole point of this was to improve my health, not because I needed to change my "gender."  As an adrogynous "pangender" (new word I learned of) it isn't a matter of being male or female because I view myself both but neither/all but none.  I know that is hard for some of the more gender-binary people to wrap their head around but  there are days I feel like going out in dresses, and lately there have been days where I want to go out in pants and longcoats again.  I think what caused me to have a breakdown a few months ago in the "man clothes" was the fact I wanted to dress like a female but only had man clothes at the time.  Now that I want a few more "guy" days out I don't have the man clothes anymore and feel the same stress creeping in.  I need to find something more "male" like but not be too heavy...perhaps a homosexual male line of clothing?  I am not going to let it get to that point this time and I am hitting the stores tomorrow to get some more guy clothes back.

I'm not confused: I haven't been thinking this clear in years.

That being said, there is no need saving up for 2 years and going under the knife for 8-9 hours if I don't have to.  I can use that money for clothes, makeup, laser hair removal, and a vasectomy (as I don't want any more kids.)   If I am to roll around the gender wheel I need to have the tools to do so.

I caught myself saying earlier: I like being a "guy" some days, a "girl" other days, and sometimes I like to straddle the line.  One person called me "trigender" but god...another label?  If the HRT softens my features and enlarges the breasts, I can play to those some days when I want to be more fem, and on the days I want to go out as a "guy" I can still do so by strapping back "the girls" and wearing a shirt that hides them.  I don't think they are going to get too big/unmanageable on HRT.  I always have been a very expressive (and somewhat mischeveous) person and the though of locking myself out of being able to look like any gender...male, female, androgynous...depressing. What could be more "androgynous" (for me) than being a ">-bleeped-<?"

I have been in a muddle the last few months, and now I know why.  I dismissed it as the stress of the transition but I am not stressing that...I was just lost in all the termonology, like I tend to do sometimes.  One of the curses of being a wordsmith: in order to master words, I tend to put a lot of value on them that most people do not.

So now I have to get the clothes for Evan, now that I have let Evelyn find herself.  This is going to be fun methinks.  Time to bring out the longcoat again...I knew I kept it for a reason!

I do, however, think I am going to have to find some male platform shoes/boots as flats just hurt.
  •  

JohannaJohn

I don't know if in future I will have surgery.  For now, no.  These powerful female hormones are incredible.

Micronized progesterone and estradiol valerate, both sublingually, every day has given me MEASURABLE fantastic results just 6 weeks in:

--- Nipples that are erect 24/7 they never go down.

--- White bumps all over the nipples are aerolas.

--- My nipples look fully ready for a baby nurse on them.

--- Rounder breasts, not square anymore.  Feminine.

--- Not a lot bigger yet, but a little bigger breasts.

--- My breasts are big enough now, that combined with my always protruding nipples, make my erect nipples obvious 24 hours a day when my shirt is pulled tight against my chest.

--- I am 56 years old.  Not totally old, but not young, either.  Amazing results so far for my age, I think.  Wow am I happy.

--- I rarely get erections now.  This happened about week 4.  No problem!

--- My facial skin acne nearly totally disappeared just 3 weeks in.

--- My former body odor problem was GONE just 3 weeks in.  I have almost no body odor now.  Testosterone was to blame for this I think.  Problem solved already!

--- My hair on my head is softer, and of higher quality.  I don't want to get a haircut now, so I just letting my hair grow freely now.  This is a strong psychological change I wasn't expecting.

--- Emotionally I feel like I can deal with even severe work or relationship issues calmly.  Wow this mental change is astounding.  I am SO surprised!

This is wonderful.  I want to continue this forever with the hormones.

:)

I didn't hate my male life.  I still present as mostly a male most of the time for work etc.  I always have my toenails painted bright beautiful red and I this to continue forever.

I may need to go in for a professional bra fitting soon.  Don't know exactly when...but if I continue to develop, push-ups bras won't be necessary anymore.

Johanna.

I am female.
  •  

Kimberley Beauregard

Quote from: Ev on May 10, 2014, 04:46:26 AM
The whole point of this was to improve my health, not because I needed to change my "gender.

I can relate.  The past month or so, I've been feeling calmer and more composed (though I still have constant anxiety, but I don't fancy going back on beta blockers).  I don't think it's a coincidence that I've been feeling that way while on finasteride.  Obviously, I'd like some clarification on what exactly's going on in my endocrine system and determine exactly what my brain needs.  As it stands, it's far easier to cope with the downs (including bouts of rage from lack of sleep and the sadness from experiencing the ending to Burial at Sea: Episode 2).

I'd consider a course of low dose estrogens and make use of therapy to see to other issues and if those don't have any desired effects or it turns out I don't need it, I'm okay with that.

I'm not confused: I haven't been thinking this clear in years.

I caught myself saying earlier: I like being a "guy" some days, a "girl" other days, and sometimes I like to straddle the line.

I've been experiencing this too.  Although I like the idea of presenting as very masculine/feminine/somewhere in between, my identity has settled down a bit.  I'm male regardless of how I (want to) dress and I'm okay with that.  I'd like to adopt some feminine facial features and if I can't for whatever reason (without having horribly invasive surgery), I'm fine with that.

This simplifies things for me considerably.
- Kim
  •  

Cute Ida

Hi Rena,

I am currently on HRT but due to personal and medical reasons I am a non-operative trans-woman. The main reason I'm on HRT is that I can grow my own breasts as implants are not an option for me. I've been on estradiol and spirolactone for almost 2 years and just recently I was put on micronized progesterone. I've been on a relatively lower dose of estradiol and spirolactone as compared to other trans-women. In two years I've had enough breast growth to achieve A-cups. By the end of the progesterone treatment they should round out to B-cups. There are five main reasons whey I'm non-operative:

1. fear of surgery, 2. not responding well to anesthesia (high chance I could die from the anesthesia, genetic on my dad's side), 3. Cost, 4. Not willing to take time off from work for implant or SRS recovery, 5. Not willing to dilate for the rest of my life. Maybe if it was only 1-2 reasons maybe I'd still have the reassignment surgery but I just don't see a need for it. I am very passable for a trans-woman of 31 years. I only found out I was trans when I was 28. The pic in my avatar is only 3 or 4 months old.

My roommate is also transgender. She is currently on HRT and is a pre-op. She fully doesn't understand why I choose to remain a non-op, but as a friend she respects my decision. My parents don't understand why I'm a non-op either, not that they support my transition. 

•  

JohannaJohn

Quote from: Cute Ida on August 01, 2014, 07:31:21 PM
Hi Rena,

I am currently on HRT but due to personal and medical reasons I am a non-operative trans-woman. The main reason I'm on HRT is that I can grow my own breasts as implants are not an option for me. I've been on estradiol and spirolactone for almost 2 years and just recently I was put on micronized progesterone. I've been on a relatively lower dose of estradiol and spirolactone as compared to other trans-women. In two years I've had enough breast growth to achieve A-cups. By the end of the progesterone treatment they should round out to B-cups. There are five main reasons whey I'm non-operative:

1. fear of surgery, 2. not responding well to anesthesia (high chance I could die from the anesthesia, genetic on my dad's side), 3. Cost, 4. Not willing to take time off from work for implant or SRS recovery, 5. Not willing to dilate for the rest of my life. Maybe if it was only 1-2 reasons maybe I'd still have the reassignment surgery but I just don't see a need for it. I am very passable for a trans-woman of 31 years. I only found out I was trans when I was 28. The pic in my avatar is only 3 or 4 months old.

My roommate is also transgender. She is currently on HRT and is a pre-op. She fully doesn't understand why I choose to remain a non-op, but as a friend she respects my decision. My parents don't understand why I'm a non-op either, not that they support my transition.

A warm hug to you Ida,

Micronized progesterone...wow am I ever happy to hear you are on that now...

My dear, you will NOT regret it!

For me, this form of progesterone has made have constant euphoric happiness, great and big and erect nipples, and just in the last week, the start of small, yes small, but with a great foundation base to build more on, female breasts.

Congratulations on this!!!

Johanna.
I am female.
  •  

Jaz650

I was very interested in knowing why some transsexuals are non operative. Sorry I am a very curious person, but in one way or another I can relate to you ladies. I've been on HRT for eight years, since the age of fourteen, and my biggest fear is detransitioning. I'm scared of my hormones not working anymore, or having them taken away. I'm not going to have my dad forever. If I stop them I will go through male puberty. The only way to be female forever is SRS. I am happy some of us can live the way they are, because it is a tough journey. God bless you all! :)

You must be true to yourself, in order to be true to God! - Jaz
  •  

Alesium

For me, it came with the realization that I can pass without HRT or SRS.  That's all I really want: to be perceived as the femme that I really am.  Well, also Wife requested that I not do either of those two things.  :)  Haven't quite mustered up the courage to actually do some crossdressing yet, even at the house.

Perfectly fine with me. 

Besides, HRT significantly increases the risk of cardiovascular issues (esp. CLOTS!); and, good lord, a surgery?  I'll pass! :D

Toodles from TN,
Ales
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: Alesium on August 12, 2014, 01:26:31 PM
Besides, HRT significantly increases the risk of cardiovascular issues (esp. CLOTS!); and, good lord, a surgery?  I'll pass! :D

Toodles from TN,
Ales

Modern, bio-identical hormones are far, far less of an issue - and those I know that have had a problem, all had ither issues. Looks after your general health and it isn't an issue at all.
  •  

JohannaJohn

Quote from: kelly_aus on August 12, 2014, 04:00:40 PM
Modern, bio-identical hormones are far, far less of an issue - and those I know that have had a problem, all had ither issues. Looks after your general health and it isn't an issue at all.

"Modern, bio-identicals..."  Yayayayayay!

The path of the present and future.  I take estradiol valerate and micronized progesterone.  These, and comparable bio-identicals, are the BEST way to go, for absolute sure...for a bunch of reasons.

Johanna.
I am female.
  •