Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Penectomy

Started by Gina Taylor, June 10, 2014, 05:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gina Taylor

I was discussing this option with my therapist today and at least I won't have to go on any length of HRT for this. One thing that we had discussed is that I could either get it done as a medical necessity or get it done through OHIP, because my present medical insurance provider will not cover the cost.  :(
Gina Marie Taylor  8)
  •  

Ms Grace

If you do that I believe you will pretty much remove the chance of having full SRS at any later point as penile tissue is required to create the clitoris and inner vaginal passage.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Jessica Merriman

I am still not sure what you are aiming for here Gina? Are you wanting to be female or what? Are you not wanting or wanting to stop HRT? This is puzzling for me.  :-\
  •  

Jill F

As much as I'd like to lose that annoyance, I know damned well that I'll need it for future "reappropriation" if I do SRS.

The nuts, well, not so much...
  •  

Gina Taylor

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on June 10, 2014, 06:02:08 PM
I am still not sure what you are aiming for here Gina? Are you wanting to be female or what? Are you not wanting or wanting to stop HRT? This is puzzling for me.  :-\

Jessica, I have always wanted to be a female, but there are certain things that are not attainable. I've never been on HRT and I figure that by having a penectomy I won't have to start HRT, nor is it a requirement. I'd just like to get rid of that male appendage and feel more like a woman.  :)

Quote from: Ms Grace on June 10, 2014, 05:57:18 PM
If you do that I believe you will pretty much remove the chance of having full SRS at any later point as penile tissue is required to create the clitoris and inner vaginal passage. 

Thanks for the concern Grace, but I do know that by having the penectomy will reduce my chances on having a full SRS, but those are the consequences, and I can live with that.
Gina Marie Taylor  8)
  •  

mrs izzy

If you live in the states I would not rush anything like that.

There has been so many changes and a lot more to come from the discriminatory exclusions of GCS. Just changed is Medicare, Medicaid,VA and all others will have to fallow.

Its a great time for changes.

Isabell
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

Beth Andrea

There is a non-vaginal option, if you just want the visible parts of the genitals...less cost, less invasive, quicker healing time.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Jill F

Quote from: Beth Andrea on June 11, 2014, 02:14:20 PM
There is a non-vaginal option, if you just want the visible parts of the genitals...less cost, less invasive, quicker healing time.

You still need to reappropriate the penis for that if you want any sensation there.
  •  

Beth Andrea

Yes, just giving options that also include removing the testes and scrotum at the same time...unless one wants an absence of all genitalia.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

•  

Gina Taylor

Quote from: Beth Andrea on June 11, 2014, 03:47:41 PM
Yes, just giving options that also include removing the testes and scrotum at the same time...unless one wants an absence of all genitalia.

I want everything gone!

Quote from: Jill F on June 11, 2014, 02:56:42 PM
You still need to reappropriate the penis for that if you want any sensation there.

I have absolutely no purpose for that, and that is why I want it gone.

Quote from: mind is quiet now on June 11, 2014, 01:01:13 PM
If you live in the states I would not rush anything like that.

There has been so many changes and a lot more to come from the discriminatory exclusions of GCS. Just changed is Medicare, Medicaid,VA and all others will have to fallow.

Its a great time for changes.

Isabell

I do live in the states, but unfortunately Medicaid and Medicare do not do this type of operation that is covered by my medical insurance, so since I am also from Canada, I am seeing if I can get my OHIP re-instated since they do attend to operate more in this field. Unless you know something that I don't.
Gina Marie Taylor  8)
  •  

mrs izzy

So I am guessing you do not or never want a vagina, either functional or non functional?

Sad part is so much of the penis is needed to make female genitalia.

As I was trying to say is very soon no insurance company in the states will be able to exclude Grs/srs/gcs if a doctor says it is medically necessary.

Hang in,  I think ohip is a good idea but I bet it would take you longer to get through there hoops before it could be covered in the states.

Isabell

Mrs. Izzy
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

•  

Gina Taylor

Quote from: mind is quiet now on June 11, 2014, 04:36:39 PM
So I am guessing you do not or never want a vagina, either functional or non functional?

A vagina is actually one of my least worries

Sad part is so much of the penis is needed to make female genitalia.

I've done my research and I do realize that there is a lot of flesh that is needed for the construction, but I'm willing on giving that up just to get rid of it.

As I was trying to say is very soon no insurance company in the states will be able to exclude Grs/srs/gcs if a doctor says it is medically necessary.

I was actually reading that Medicare and Medicade are both government run for mostly paid employees. I'm on disability, so I'm already drawing from the government and believe me  the last thing they'd wanna do is have to shell out money on my behalf for SRS for me.

Hang in,  I think ohip is a good idea but I bet it would take you longer to get through there hoops before it could be covered in the states.

I just sent them an inquiry, but you're probably right, because it's been a long time and unless I can prove it to be a medical necessity it's gonna be tough.

Isabell
Gina Marie Taylor  8)
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Gina Taylor on June 11, 2014, 04:27:15 PM
I want everything gone!

OK. When I first started looking into transition, I remember reading about eunuchs...iirc, they are people who want nothing down there except a pee hole. Completely smooth otherwise. It's been a couple years, so please forgive if eunuch isn't the preferred term (it seems, in my murky memory, that it isn't).

I mention this because there may be different criteria to be eligible for surgery than an MtF would face.

Good wishes to you, best of luck!

•  

mrs izzy

Right now Medicare will pay for Gcs (just passed few weeks ago) Medicaid and VA will have to fallow suit with all insurance companies bringing up the rear.

Just saying. I know so well about the dysphoria.

Everyone is a adult and do what they wish.

Isabell
Mrs. Izzy

•  

Jessica Merriman

I may be out of line here, but I think you are rushing into something you may regret in the future. I would take some time to really consider not having functional genitalia of any kind. Not judging mind you, just worried.  :-\
  •  

Gina Taylor

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on June 11, 2014, 06:49:24 PM
I may be out of line here, but I think you are rushing into something you may regret in the future. I would take some time to really consider not having functional genitalia of any kind. Not judging mind you, just worried.  :-\

Thanks for your concern Jessica. But I have given this  a lot of thought and this is what I've decided that I want to do.

Quote from: mind is quiet now on June 11, 2014, 06:09:12 PM
Right now Medicare will pay for Gcs (just passed few weeks ago) Medicaid and VA will have to fallow suit with all insurance companies bringing up the rear.

Just saying. I know so well about the dysphoria.

Everyone is a adult and do what they wish.

Isabell

That's really good news Isabell, and something that I'll definitely will check into with my medical provider. Thanks for the information.  :)

Quote from: Beth Andrea on June 11, 2014, 05:19:04 PM
OK. When I first started looking into transition, I remember reading about eunuchs...iirc, they are people who want nothing down there except a pee hole. Completely smooth otherwise. It's been a couple years, so please forgive if eunuch isn't the preferred term (it seems, in my murky memory, that it isn't).

I mention this because there may be different criteria to be eligible for surgery than an MtF would face.

Good wishes to you, best of luck!

I'll be an Eunuch for the modern times!  :laugh: In actual fact there are  a lot of people that have had the same operation done for whatever reasons. So I won't be alone . . . :o
Gina Marie Taylor  8)
  •  

JessikaBlackMage

I think you are thinking of an Orchiectomy , because just removing your penile tissue will not stop you from making male hormones.
  •  

Gina Taylor

Quote from: JessikaBlackMage on June 12, 2014, 02:43:32 PM
I think you are thinking of an Orchiectomy , because just removing your penile tissue will not stop you from making male hormones.

Thanks for your concern, but I do have a very good idea what a penectomy is. A penectomy is penis removal through surgery, generally for medical or personal reasons. The only reason I mentioned about hormones is that I will not have to take them if I were actually considering having SRS done, but I could just get my letters of consent and schedule my surgery and have it done. I'm actually considering Dr. Reed, since I live so close to Miami.
Gina Marie Taylor  8)
  •  

Emily1996

Why can't you just wait? You could get a loan, or something D: What I want to do is to maybe starta youtube channel and ask for funding I know a lot of trans people that did that, and it helped alot to pay their surgeries!
  •  

Gina Taylor

Quote from: Emily29 on June 13, 2014, 10:51:20 AM
Why can't you just wait? You could get a loan, or something D: What I want to do is to maybe starta youtube channel and ask for funding I know a lot of trans people that did that, and it helped alot to pay their surgeries!

Great idea Emily! Already a step a head of you  though. I'm already working on a webpage to help me with funding. But thanks anyways. Sorry if I seem very anxious, but I'm just getting everything in order right now. If I'm really lucky, maybe my new girlfriend's step-father may put up the entire money for me.  :)
Gina Marie Taylor  8)
  •