Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What's your ethnicity?

Started by Alex201, December 29, 2010, 08:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex201

I'm White and Native American. When someone asks what color I am I just say " pink".
  •  

xAndrewx

My ethnicity? It's Rainbow of course. Never heard of it? That's because Rainbow is a rare and special ethnicity  :laugh:

Oh but really I'm "white" in reality I'm a billion different things that would take too long to list.

Nikolai_S

Irish/Guatemalan. So... bi racial, although I'm very pale skinned. It's because my mom's so white she's bordering on transparent, and I got a recessive Spanish gene shared by an aunt on my dad's side - giving me paler skin and dark brown hair instead of blue-black. My bone structure remains strongly Spanish/Mayan.

For some reason everyone thinks I'm Asian.... I don't get it.
  •  

spacial

Apart from a very pale skin tone, which burns in the sun, I don't really have any claims to an exotic ethnic background. I used to claim celtic herritage, but discovered one of my ancestors was a Spainard, apparently ship wreaked after the Spannish armada fled England and sought refuge in Scotland.

Here in the UK, official forms frequently ask this question, offering a number of complicated answers, offering options to describe country, region, even religion but all with some emphasis on skin colour.

My wife prefers Black British. Which is a bit strange because her skin is definately not black. More a radient brown like the sun set on a warm autum evening in an unspoilt wood.
  •  

meh

Japanese/Jewish and some Irish. Most people think I look asian, but some people say I look Spanish. o.o

I have naturally black hair and super pale skin.
  •  

LilDoberman

I'm a mostly white (with a bit of Jew thrown in for good measure) mutt.  People assume I'm Irish but as far as I know, there's not any in the stew.  I'm a redhead with brown eyes.   Yeah, weird.
--Deanne  :P
  •  

Janet_Girl

British, Irish, French, Danish and adopted Ojibwa.  Basically your average American mutt.
  •  

thestory

•  

bearded

Part Labrador Retriever, Part Grizzly Bear

*cough*
  •  

tekla

Ancestors?  Who cares?  American by birth, Californian by the grace of the gods.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Nathan.

English/Irish born in Surrey.
  •  

Wolf Man

Mexican and Puerto Rican. I'm biracial. Equal 50/50. I'm nice shade of tan.
I'll be there someday, I can go the distance
I will find my way, If I can be strong
I know every mile, Will be worth my while

When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong
  •  

Pica Pica

English... but living in London, it's not the ethnicity that matters but wether you identify with London or not. I do.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

lilacwoman

I'm Yorkshire - which means nothing to non-British people but means an awful lot to other British people.
  •  

Raven

Cherokee, German, Irish, Black Dutch, possibly others running through my veins but white lol
  •  

pixiegirl

Quote from: lilacwoman on December 30, 2010, 04:27:48 PM
I'm Yorkshire - which means nothing to non-British people but means an awful lot to other British people.

Explains a lot
  •  

annette

I am dubious origin with an uncertain future
Like the most of us
but white, living in the netherlands,  in america they would say kaukasian, isn't it?

hug
annette
  •  

MillieB

Irish/Scottish/Welsh  >:-) but born in London.
  •  

Hermione01

I'm white and born in the land of Oz, but haven't found the wizard yet!
  •  

Tad

Adopted, most people tend to guess, spanish, native american, metis, mixed in with some kinda white people for me. I'm super pale white but tan really easily. High cheekbones, brown hair brown eyes.

Raised in a family that is English, Irish, Scottish, Swedish with Celtic origins.
  •