Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeeperThanSwords

Quote from: Brooke777 on January 24, 2013, 04:15:55 PM
Happy: I have my first ever crush!

Unhappy: She is married to another woman.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you'll be ok.
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

Brooke777

•  

DeeperThanSwords

Quote from: Brooke777 on January 27, 2013, 10:43:34 AM
You're sweet. Thanks!

Actually, I'm over it now.

Ah ok, I was going to say that crushes tend to pass or die down over time, but you're already sorted, so thumbs up to you!  :)

•  

Brooke777

Quote from: DeeperThanSwords on January 27, 2013, 10:45:06 AM
Ah ok, I was going to say that crushes tend to pass or die down over time, but you're already sorted, so thumbs up to you!  :)

It was an interesting experience. I actually did not know I was capable of having a crush. It's nice to know that it can happen, and hopefully if it happens again, she will be available.
  •  

Constance

The Happy: I get to be the jisha (Zen priest's assistant) during zazen tonight with my sangha.

The Unhappy: It'll be for a memorial ceremony for a sangha member who died of cancer last week.

Felix

Sleep deprivation. Like on the one hand I know it's terribly unhealthy to sleep so erratically but on the other hand I've done it all my life and I feel fine right this moment, so what could go wrong? :laugh:

I'm gonna be young forever.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

The unhappy - I had a drink while I was home alone tonight, without permission from der Bossman.

The happy - It was a small reward for doing lots of housework and being good this week, and was fine with only having the one. I think I appreciate my wine tasting more when it's less frequent, so this is good.

Second unhappy - I've had my debit and credit cards taken off me (well, rather, I've given them over to Himself, and asked him to look after my accounts).

Second happy - It's for my own good, and I'm feeling positive about it helping me to conquer my unhealthy impulsive spending.

•  

V M

Being able to help the various elderly folks at my apt.s with various things  :)   Waking up stiff, sore and hurting for the next few days after helping said people  :P

Also, some folks at my apt.s have no problem with me being a girl  :)  But some others are not very accepting and rather pointedly adamant about using male pronouns and such in reference to me  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: V M on February 02, 2013, 09:43:15 PM
But some others are not very accepting and rather pointedly adamant about using male pronouns and such in reference to me  :P

Umm, at least they don't call you, "it."  :-\

Well, my stove finally got replaced, but I had to buy a new extension cord for it's special plug. $8 down the tube.  :(
  •  

V M

Quote from: DianaP on February 02, 2013, 10:42:32 PM
Umm, at least they don't call you, "it."  :-\

Well, my stove finally got replaced, but I had to buy a new extension cord for it's special plug. $8 down the tube.  :(

Sorry dear, do people call you "it"? If they do, that's a terrible thing to say to someone
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

Quote from: V M on February 02, 2013, 11:41:59 PM
Sorry dear, do people call you "it"? If they do, that's a terrible thing to say to someone

Agreed, that's horrible.

•  

Constance

I got in at 2am this morning, so this post is a little late.

The Happy: I was kissed for the first time since April 2011.

The Unhappy: It was by a person who has told me we won't be lovers while I'm pre-op.

The More Happy: She baked me a cake to celebrate my legal name & gender change.

DeeperThanSwords

Unhappy - I caved in and had a drink.

Happy - I stopped myself going too far, and am about to have some tea instead.

•  

KayCeeDee

Happy: Bought my first pair of ladies shoes!

Unhappy: Found out I'm a size 11 so they aren't exactly easy to find...
  •  

KayCeeDee

Quote from: kkut on February 05, 2013, 07:46:51 PM
LOL, you should be thrilled! Maybe hard to find, but atleast you can!

Oh, I am thrilled and the happy far outweighs the unhappy! Wearing them right now  ;D

Plus I picked up rainbow fuzzy Hello Kitty slippers to go with my pink Minnie jammies   :D
  •  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: Orihime on February 05, 2013, 08:37:00 PM
Oh, I am thrilled and the happy far outweighs the unhappy! Wearing them right now  ;D

Plus I picked up rainbow fuzzy Hello Kitty slippers to go with my pink Minnie jammies   :D

You are such a girl...  :)

I found a cute pair of boots that my mom hasn't worn in awhile.  :) However, my stupid man-feet won't let me fit in them.  :(
  •  

KayCeeDee

Quote from: DianaP on February 05, 2013, 08:43:02 PM
You are such a girl...  :)

I found a cute pair of boots that my mom hasn't worn in awhile.  :) However, my stupid man-feet won't let me fit in them.  :(

Thank you  ;D After I posted that I went and put them on and played a "truth or dare" type board game with my daughters, which included a dare challenge of having to write what boy I thought was cute on my hand whilst blindfolded and seeing if they could read it.
  •  

Felix

Quote from: Orihime on February 05, 2013, 07:42:16 PM

What's cool about having weird sizes is that where they do turn up you get first dibs.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Constance

Quote from: Orihime on February 05, 2013, 07:42:16 PM

I've found that at Woman Within I can usually find a pretty good selection of size 11 and even size 12 shoes.

DeeperThanSwords

Quote from: Orihime on February 05, 2013, 08:37:00 PM

That's adorable  ;D.

•