Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeeperThanSwords

Quote from: Brooke777 on January 24, 2013, 04:15:55 PM
Happy: I have my first ever crush!

Unhappy: She is married to another woman.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you'll be ok.
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

Brooke777

•  

DeeperThanSwords

Quote from: Brooke777 on January 27, 2013, 10:43:34 AM
You're sweet. Thanks!

Actually, I'm over it now.

Ah ok, I was going to say that crushes tend to pass or die down over time, but you're already sorted, so thumbs up to you!  :)

•  

Brooke777

Quote from: DeeperThanSwords on January 27, 2013, 10:45:06 AM
Ah ok, I was going to say that crushes tend to pass or die down over time, but you're already sorted, so thumbs up to you!  :)

It was an interesting experience. I actually did not know I was capable of having a crush. It's nice to know that it can happen, and hopefully if it happens again, she will be available.
  •  

Constance

The Happy: I get to be the jisha (Zen priest's assistant) during zazen tonight with my sangha.

The Unhappy: It'll be for a memorial ceremony for a sangha member who died of cancer last week.

Felix

Sleep deprivation. Like on the one hand I know it's terribly unhealthy to sleep so erratically but on the other hand I've done it all my life and I feel fine right this moment, so what could go wrong? :laugh:

I'm gonna be young forever.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

The unhappy - I had a drink while I was home alone tonight, without permission from der Bossman.

The happy - It was a small reward for doing lots of housework and being good this week, and was fine with only having the one. I think I appreciate my wine tasting more when it's less frequent, so this is good.

Second unhappy - I've had my debit and credit cards taken off me (well, rather, I've given them over to Himself, and asked him to look after my accounts).

Second happy - It's for my own good, and I'm feeling positive about it helping me to conquer my unhealthy impulsive spending.

•  

V M

Being able to help the various elderly folks at my apt.s with various things  :)   Waking up stiff, sore and hurting for the next few days after helping said people  :P

Also, some folks at my apt.s have no problem with me being a girl  :)  But some others are not very accepting and rather pointedly adamant about using male pronouns and such in reference to me  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: V M on February 02, 2013, 09:43:15 PM
But some others are not very accepting and rather pointedly adamant about using male pronouns and such in reference to me  :P

Umm, at least they don't call you, "it."  :-\

Well, my stove finally got replaced, but I had to buy a new extension cord for it's special plug. $8 down the tube.  :(
  •  

V M

Quote from: DianaP on February 02, 2013, 10:42:32 PM
Umm, at least they don't call you, "it."  :-\

Well, my stove finally got replaced, but I had to buy a new extension cord for it's special plug. $8 down the tube.  :(

Sorry dear, do people call you "it"? If they do, that's a terrible thing to say to someone
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

Quote from: V M on February 02, 2013, 11:41:59 PM
Sorry dear, do people call you "it"? If they do, that's a terrible thing to say to someone

Agreed, that's horrible.

•  

Constance

I got in at 2am this morning, so this post is a little late.

The Happy: I was kissed for the first time since April 2011.

The Unhappy: It was by a person who has told me we won't be lovers while I'm pre-op.

The More Happy: She baked me a cake to celebrate my legal name & gender change.

DeeperThanSwords

Unhappy - I caved in and had a drink.

Happy - I stopped myself going too far, and am about to have some tea instead.

•  

KayCeeDee

Happy: Bought my first pair of ladies shoes!

Unhappy: Found out I'm a size 11 so they aren't exactly easy to find...
  •  

KayCeeDee

Quote from: kkut on February 05, 2013, 07:46:51 PM
LOL, you should be thrilled! Maybe hard to find, but atleast you can!

Oh, I am thrilled and the happy far outweighs the unhappy! Wearing them right now  ;D

Plus I picked up rainbow fuzzy Hello Kitty slippers to go with my pink Minnie jammies   :D
  •  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: Orihime on February 05, 2013, 08:37:00 PM
Oh, I am thrilled and the happy far outweighs the unhappy! Wearing them right now  ;D

Plus I picked up rainbow fuzzy Hello Kitty slippers to go with my pink Minnie jammies   :D

You are such a girl...  :)

I found a cute pair of boots that my mom hasn't worn in awhile.  :) However, my stupid man-feet won't let me fit in them.  :(
  •  

KayCeeDee

Quote from: DianaP on February 05, 2013, 08:43:02 PM
You are such a girl...  :)

I found a cute pair of boots that my mom hasn't worn in awhile.  :) However, my stupid man-feet won't let me fit in them.  :(

Thank you  ;D After I posted that I went and put them on and played a "truth or dare" type board game with my daughters, which included a dare challenge of having to write what boy I thought was cute on my hand whilst blindfolded and seeing if they could read it.
  •  

Felix

Quote from: Orihime on February 05, 2013, 07:42:16 PM

What's cool about having weird sizes is that where they do turn up you get first dibs.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Constance

Quote from: Orihime on February 05, 2013, 07:42:16 PM

I've found that at Woman Within I can usually find a pretty good selection of size 11 and even size 12 shoes.

DeeperThanSwords

Quote from: Orihime on February 05, 2013, 08:37:00 PM

That's adorable  ;D.

•