Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Are you striving for a curvy body?

Started by Elsa.G, March 05, 2013, 01:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Oracle

I sure am! I have the hips, just waiting my boobs to fill out more. If they don't get to a size that's proportional to my body. I'm getting breast aug through stem cells. However before I do that I'll have grs. Since you develop a bit after surgery.
  •  

A

Thing is, hips are centered higher than that. In the second picture, indeed, the "after" picture looks better, but I still think something looks off. I don't know, perhaps it'll make things better in some people, but is it -that- good?

If I were to look into such surgeries, I would definitely go for that thing where they take fat in one place and put it in another. Much more flexible than an implant with a fixed shape that you can't put anywhere. Besides, implants bring more complications, usually, don't they?
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

muuu

•  

Nicolette

Quote from: A on March 16, 2013, 05:07:39 PM
Thing is, hips are centered higher than that. In the second picture, indeed, the "after" picture looks better, but I still think something looks off. I don't know, perhaps it'll make things better in some people, but is it -that- good?

If I were to look into such surgeries, I would definitely go for that thing where they take fat in one place and put it in another. Much more flexible than an implant with a fixed shape that you can't put anywhere. Besides, implants bring more complications, usually, don't they?

The implants definitely need to be higher, maybe longer too. They look the wrong shape. It looks like they inserted breast implants.
  •  

tomthom

Quote from: Tesla on March 16, 2013, 03:53:44 PM
tomthom, was that modelling as a female?

no, it was as a male. but I hung out with both sexes and carefully took notes on proportions, gait, etc. It's probably the only reason I know how to do all my makeup already and such when I feel like presenting.
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
Practicality dominates me. I can be a bit harsh, but I mean well.
  •  

Nicolette

Quote from: tomthom on March 16, 2013, 05:28:21 PM
no, it was as a male. but I hung out with both sexes and carefully took notes on proportions, gait, etc. It's probably the only reason I know how to do all my makeup already and such when I feel like presenting.

Very good. What kind of proportions did the most masculine models have? How much did the shoulders over shoot the hips etc.?
  •  

A

Quote from: Tesla on March 16, 2013, 05:23:26 PM
The implants definitely need to be higher, maybe longer too. They look the wrong shape. It looks like they inserted breast implants.
Thing is, I think they can't. They're placed under the thigh muscle, and the thigh muscle doesn't go all that high, right?
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

tomthom

very little difference in males/females, for the most part, if we're talking modern post "arnold schwarznegger" wasp proportions for males (where the torso blows up into the shoulders and the waist remains small) most models fall within the androgynous region for body types in terms of the skeleton beneath the cranium.

as an example for the shoulder to hip ratio, I'll put a few pictures here. remember though that males will have almost an inch or more added naturally to their shoulder width due to the extreme density of the underlying muscle (most people think they are touching their shoulder when they press down, but try pressing to the point where it actually hurts and you'll see it gives way to about an extra half inch) That and remember that after hormones your hips and thighs will bellow out a bit. one more thing is that these male models work out their arms, you'l have to use the flat contour of the side of the biceps to actually see where the shoulder lies(or draw a line through the center of the upper arm and that will give you a rough estimate as well)

males

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/18000000/Renato-Ferreira-male-models-18050612-543-700.jpg
http://data.whicdn.com/images/23712008/male-model-sven_large.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6oJ8JIIgp-NYgEujxx5eCKG0eyCQKkC-lgsDfLDfG3QBqc0wg

females

(some of these will be computer renders that have been taken off of actual people, so they are still accurate.)
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/rishiraj04/Female_Anatomy.jpg
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/236/9/a/Ten24_Photorealistic_Female_by_Ten24.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Parrish-standing_female_nude.jpg

now an example of the gross exaggeration on male/female skeletons that medical texts like to use so often. Keep in mind most medical textbooks are in proess of being revised as most were not made as accurately as possible back in the 60's-80's period yet we still use them.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6161/6218502521_d291a2fcb6.jpg
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
  •  

tomthom

also, just as a final note, the best way to see how exaggerated proportions are on a person to person basis is to use their head as a measuring stick. most males have shoulders that will just out about one head distance on each side. females get about 75% to 100% of this. it simply looks different because female craniums are a bit smaller, but that is simply a trick of the eye when it comes to proportions. I myself have about 90-95%, yet if I dress accordingly, use a corset to pull in my male ribcage (a very conservative one that does not constrict my breathing) and use clothing that drapes or bellows, people cannot functionally tell the difference when I am in full presentation and given a few hours to perfect it.

keep in mind this is also 100% pre HRT. I'll probably be passing 6 months in full time.
― Hayao Miyazaki
  •  

Nicolette

Quote from: A on March 16, 2013, 05:50:19 PM
Thing is, I think they can't. They're placed under the thigh muscle, and the thigh muscle doesn't go all that high, right?

They need a solid implant attached to the bone. But that won't be a perfect solution either. If you've got the fat, grafting has got to be the best option, plus exercise, of course. But I may be biased.
  •  

muuu

•  

tomthom

also, as an aside, if I do successfully make it through transition, and I do ever model again, I'll be sure to let you all know.
― Hayao Miyazaki
  •  

Nicolette

Quote from: muuu on March 16, 2013, 06:03:47 PM
Well, 0.9 hip/shoulder ratio is probably slightly wider. 0.85 is somewhat meidum, less than 0.8 is very narrow. Really I don't know, but if you have a 0.9 ratio you'll look really good.
(edited some..)

One wider, with a larger upper body, model I found: http://nlyscandinavia.scene7.com/is/image/nlyscandinavia/731083-0014_1?$productPress$ (hope this is allowed...)
I think that's about as far as you can push things. Maybe further if it's for androgynous clothing.

She's about 83%. I've seen swimmers with much wider shoulders, but they're not clothes models.
  •  

Nicolette

Quote from: tomthom on March 16, 2013, 05:57:12 PM
keep in mind this is also 100% pre HRT. I'll probably be passing 6 months in full time.

I'm sure you will. But I don't think hip/shoulder ratios will be the most vital statistic to your passing. But you know that already.
  •  

Beth Andrea

I'm thinking about hip/butt pads, already in an undergarment. I made one for myself a couple months ago, and liked the overall concept.

Gotta offset my 46" chest somehow...
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

tomthom

Quote from: Tesla on March 16, 2013, 06:24:01 PM
I'm sure you will. But I don't think hip/shoulder ratios will be the most vital statistic to your passing. But you know that already.

oh yes I'm very aware. already raising money and making appointments and getting quotes for FFS and working on my voice which I may or may not get FEMLAR for (I already have some damages to my voice so it would partially be corrective)
― Hayao Miyazaki
  •  

Beth Andrea

...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

•  

Nicolette

Quote from: Beth Andrea on March 16, 2013, 06:26:15 PM
I'm thinking about hip/butt pads, already in an undergarment. I made one for myself a couple months ago, and liked the overall concept.

Gotta offset my 46" chest somehow...

46", is that your bust measurement?
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: A on March 16, 2013, 05:07:39 PM

I wonder how fat grafting would work in that area. I do know that it tends to move around. Being underneath a waistband, I think it is safe to reasonably assume that the fat would disperse from that area or eventually you'd have a depression where your belt sits. Maybe I'm wrong though?

I like the idea of a solid implant, it's not going to change shape or start drooping over time. What you see is what you get... If I were gonna do my glutes, I would go for stem cell fat transfer though. Problem is, I hardly have any body fat to begin with! I just weighed myself today and I'm back down to 125lbs at 5'7". Been eating a TON at no avail.
  •  

Beth Andrea

•