Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Re: The official "You look fabulous, darling!" (Ver 4.0)

Started by Shantel, December 11, 2013, 06:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantel

Quote from: kiaraja on December 29, 2013, 03:28:29 PM
aww thanks so much i think you just made my day, ive always wanted to be pretty(blushes shyly)

No shortcomings there Kiraja, Harlow is so right!
  •  

Cassie 4 Ever!!!

Quote from: Harlow on December 29, 2013, 02:38:52 PM
You're looking so good Kasi! Your hair! I'm so jealous, I want extensions too. I just keep buying clothes, shoes and my new nails that I haven't had the $ for extensions, and I work in the hair industry XD

No. I finally got fake nails, nothing crazy or anything. I even got silk wraps which are thinner and very natural looking. The length is very conservative and they are rounded in shape. I even took the red and gold glitter off and painted them off white/grey and my sister still gave me the "Not in front of the boys" comment. She is like my second mom she is 17 years older than me. It's only her and me up here the rest of my family is in Southern California where I'm from. So I always go to her house with my partner of 9+ years for all the holidays, and she is way okay with that. But I've always stripped all of me before going over there and thus enabling her to expect nothing but the most conservative version of me. I'm not out to her yet as trans, just gay, so I told her I was inching more towards me (just the gay boy who has an obsession with pretty manicures me) because both of her boys are in High School now. They aren't children anymore. She told me to inch "over that way" in a friendly joking way meaning not in her house  ::)

Mom is going to tell all my siblings soon so we'll see how that turns out. I think my sister will take it pretty rough. I know she loves me a lot, I'm like her first son almost we have a solid relationship but like I told my mom "Her favorite thing in the whole wide world is 'Normal'". My mom laughed because she knew I wasn't joking lol Ugh....

Anyway didn't mean to rant, I had a lovely Christmas with her and the family. Just so glad my mom is on my side to help me come out, I would not even know where to start with my sister DX

Looks like you had a great time with your family, and so happy that you were able to just be you. Is that your sister? I hope my sister and I can have future moments like that, where she can just see beyond what I'm wearing and just hang out and be chill like we are when I'm in boy mode  :)

I love my hair as well. I was able to get the natrual extensions at a really cheap prce because I knew someone, who knows someone, who sells them. I am so thrilled you had a great xmas, and I really hope that things go well with you siblings and your sister. I do not have any sisters and always wanted one. :( but I will talke my two brothers as I love them very much too. :)

My christmas was great, It was the first time my family saw me as Kasi and it went very, very smooth. The girl in the picture is one of my besties. :) So, I did decide to go full time and today is day number two. I sent an email off to my boss yesterday as she is in europe and I got a reply stating that she still has no problem with it, that she doesnt think that I will have issues and if I have and problems with people, to just tell her. She told me that the only thing that she cares about is my work performance. :)

Im so happy.
  •  

MiaOhMya!

Quote from: Dee on December 29, 2013, 02:58:29 PM
Your family photo (and Jenny's, too) are by far my favorites I think I've ever seen, on this site or any other.  Such beautiful and happy expressions!

Also wishing I could get the hang of styling my hair a bit.  I don't mind how it looks now, but I just want to...do...something with it.

Thanks Dee!!! It is a good feeling to bring something good to my family!

I know what you mean just something. I am very good at ponytails though!  :D

Quote from: Harlow on December 29, 2013, 02:44:31 PM
Um, yeah o.O wow! Not even a hint of a guy anywhere in there!! And pretty to top it all off!!  :D

*Just read your post about your struggles before transitioning. You're pretty AND strong!! It's crazy how much suppressing your identity can cause so much pain. I'm so glad you came out on top and that your family now sees what an amazing person, no make that woman that you are! I love happy endings  :D

Thank you sooo very much!   :icon_ihearu: Yes, looking back I see a sad person who failed to understand the ultimate relief would come from facing myself. Transitioning is hard, but nothing could be harder on me than not transitioning. I see that now.
  •  

Harlow

Glad you had a very good Christmas out and with family!!

Quote from: Ксениа on December 29, 2013, 05:05:37 PM
So, I did decide to go full time and today is day number two. I sent an email off to my boss yesterday as she is in Europe and I got a reply stating that she still has no problem with it, that she doesn't think that I will have issues and if I have any problems with people, to just tell her. She told me that the only thing that she cares about is my work performance. :)

Im so happy.

Way to go Kasi!! That is awesome news :D I am lucky to be in the beauty biz so LGBTQ stuff isn't frowned upon it's common. Funny I've been full time for 2 weeks now and customers aren't' even phased or notice. I've been wearing dresses and tights etc, and not a blink! Until I get bigger boobs, than we shall see. I did tell my employees to call me she/her so we'll see the expressions when I get back from vacation XD

But doesn't it feel awesome to just be out? I know I couldn't be happier  :D

•  

Harlow

Quote from: MiaOhMya! on December 29, 2013, 05:28:32 PM
Yes, looking back I see a sad person who failed to understand the ultimate relief would come from facing myself. Transitioning is hard, but nothing could be harder on me than not transitioning. I see that now.

I feel that completely. I started transition at 22 and quickly de-transitioned, just overwhelmed by the idea. I figured it was a phase or a lost hope. Now at 35, I know now there was no escaping it. That it ultimately was who I was and that it wouldn't change or go away. Wishing I'd just stuck to my guns the first time, but life always has lessons to teach us. I guess my lesson was always be true to yourself  :angel:

•  

MiaOhMya!

That is awesome news I totally missed seeing that post somehow! Congrats!  :eusa_clap:

It get's better and better, and you look so pretty I know you'll be just fine!

Harlow...it's funny you mention that I am trying to explain this exact idea to somone. So many people wait way beyond 35, so I bet they wish they'd also stuck to their guns when they were only 35.
  •  

livinit

Fun idea for an upbeat thread. Everyone looks so beautiful ~ the content souls inside each of us..driving all these beaming smiles..displaying more happiness than any surface derma could ever reflect.

Keep livinit

•  

Michelle G

Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

AbbyJamz

•  

Lauren5

Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Cassie 4 Ever!!!

•  

Cassie 4 Ever!!!

Quote from: Harlow on December 29, 2013, 08:26:33 PM
I feel that completely. I started transition at 22 and quickly de-transitioned, just overwhelmed by the idea. I figured it was a phase or a lost hope. Now at 35, I know now there was no escaping it. That it ultimately was who I was and that it wouldn't change or go away. Wishing I'd just stuck to my guns the first time, but life always has lessons to teach us. I guess my lesson was always be true to yourself  :angel:
Quote from: Harlow on December 29, 2013, 08:21:58 PM
Glad you had a very good Christmas out and with family!!

Way to go Kasi!! That is awesome news :D I am lucky to be in the beauty biz so LGBTQ stuff isn't frowned upon it's common. Funny I've been full time for 2 weeks now and customers aren't' even phased or notice. I've been wearing dresses and tights etc, and not a blink! Until I get bigger boobs, than we shall see. I did tell my employees to call me she/her so we'll see the expressions when I get back from vacation XD

But doesn't it feel awesome to just be out? I know I couldn't be happier  :D

Thank you. Congrat on going full time. :) I thought about your work and i see two sides. One where I would hate the fact that they did not notice, but would love the fact that I would never be scared to wear anything there. Like where I am now, people notice it and I love it, but I was scared to wear anything feminine around them until not. I presume that when people realize what is going on, they still wont be phased. Like for me, I am sure I am like the most popular gossip topic in my company right now. :)
  •  

MiaOhMya!

Quote from: AbbyJamz on December 30, 2013, 03:20:12 AM
Yes?

Ok see now that's just ridiculous how great you look! When you make me really jealous then you're probably doin just fine. :icon_anger:

aka Faaaaabulous! I am very happy for you!  :)
  •  

NatalieT

Quote from: Ксениа on December 28, 2013, 12:58:07 PM
I am really thinking about going full time today.

Oh my god. I can honestly imagine you now in a long dress, strutting your stuff down a runway or something. You look so beautiful!!
"There's no point in living, if you can't feel alive"
  •  

Cassie 4 Ever!!!

Quote from: NatalieT on December 30, 2013, 12:49:54 PM
Oh my god. I can honestly imagine you now in a long dress, strutting your stuff down a runway or something. You look so beautiful!!

:) I was actually thinking about dressing up in something other than my work clothes. :)
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: AbbyJamz on December 30, 2013, 03:20:12 AM
Yes?

I showed your picture to my eight-year-old and asked him what he saw. He said "A cute girl who looks like she's goth."

So there's that!
  •