Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gg

Quote from: Kendra on December 13, 2018, 08:09:47 PM
That's a 1966-67 Ford Fairlane in metallic Beige Mist, probably 289 V8.

I think you are right. I thought it was the 1964 Riviera my dad had, but I confused it with the car in this picture, from a few years earlier. That's me and my mom :)
1964 Riviera in the back. The car was stolen and trashed, but my dad got it back and repainted it black.

"life it what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"
-John Lennon
  •  

Linde

Talking about classic cars.  This is my little baby, a 1961 Triumph TR4 Roadster, equipped with optional weathering gear!

And because I have a lesbian orientation, it is still a chick magnet!  >:-)
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: KimOct on December 15, 2018, 12:46:15 AM
Well.....  I got everything uploaded on imgur no problem then got a BBC link for message boards and forums - then clicked on the insert image icon above here on this page.  Nothing.  I tried posting between the sets of parenthesis and within in them.  Any clue what I am doing wrong?
Don't use the insert image icon.  Just take the BBC link you got from Imgur (or Flickr) and paste it into your message as text.  It already containes all the necessary codes to display it.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Ah Bellflower, I remember that place fondly. My great grandparents lived there from the 40's until they died. I wonder what happened to their old house. It was a glorious combination of some of the worst interior design trends of the 50's and 60's.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

KimOct

Thank you Kathy and Ashley. 

So I have not done any FFS - 80 hours electro - Estrogen and Juvederm injections 18 months ago which have faded. 
I don't look all that much different other than long hair and makeup.  I guess my face has softened a little bit.  Although I don't look cis I do hope that I look different enough to be perceived as who I am.

Pictures are in chronological order from pre transition to current.
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

dee82

Kim, You look so different from the person you were before. I don't recognise the person in the before photos as being the same person. Your facial features are already soft, feminine and you do look womanly, I actually don't think you need FFS.

~Dee.
  •  

KimOct

Thanks Dee - I am a total hypocrite regarding FFS but I admit it.  That's why I posted a thread about it recently.

I have successfully transitioned but I am not yet at peace regarding physical GD.

On one hand I feel like the desire to have FFS is my own internalized transphobia but on the other hand I want to look like a cis woman since I can't be one.

My physical GD is what I think is my final hurdle.

All compliments are welcome.  I have my fishing pole out LOL.  But if you are truly just being polite then please skip.

And in seriousness any constructive criticism is welcome - just be kind.  I would consider any suggestions.
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: KimOct on December 15, 2018, 08:58:12 PM

Thank you Kathy and Ashley. 

So I have not done any FFS - 80 hours electro - Estrogen and Juvederm injections 18 months ago which have faded. 
I don't look all that much different other than long hair and makeup.  I guess my face has softened a little bit.  Although I don't look cis I do hope that I look different enough to be perceived as who I am.

Pictures are in chronological order from pre transition to current.

Kim!!! 🙋‍♀️

There's My Sister!!!! 😀👍 🎉🎉🎉

You are looking Gorgeous!!!... I'm going to refer you to my words from the other day in your Passing/FFS Thread...

"... Complicating matters is the fact that we can feel that we lose all ability to assess our own changes or make any accurate judgement about how others see us..."

You have traveled a lot farther than you seem to realize here Sis!!! The old and new pics are testament to that fact!!!

Onward we go Girl!!!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

KimOct

You are such a good sister - I am fortunate and hope that I can do the same for others. :)
  •  

Sky1090

Well, I broke the rules with obscene pictures before so I'll update to something s little more family friendly lol. Sorry moderators...

Managed to find one picture of before from my brothers wedding 18 months ago. Note Beardsley McGee refusing to smile... i mean come on, it's your brothers wedding! Sadly, I never really smiled in pictures. If I did it was forced. Hell, lucky you can even see my face in this picture. I typically hid behind my hand or phone to hide my face. Cannot wait to start hormones and progressing towards finally living full time as myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Linde

I can't say much about your guy looks, but I sure like the girl look.  You are a darn pretty girl!

•  

Another Nikki

Quote from: KimOct on December 15, 2018, 10:46:43 PM
Thanks Dee - I am a total hypocrite regarding FFS but I admit it.  That's why I posted a thread about it recently.

I have successfully transitioned but I am not yet at peace regarding physical GD.

On one hand I feel like the desire to have FFS is my own internalized transphobia but on the other hand I want to look like a cis woman since I can't be one.

My physical GD is what I think is my final hurdle.

All compliments are welcome.  I have my fishing pole out LOL.  But if you are truly just being polite then please skip.

And in seriousness any constructive criticism is welcome - just be kind.  I would consider any suggestions.

In your last picture you appear to be an attractive, middle aged woman, around 45- 50 years old :)
"What you know, you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life—that there is something wrong. You don't know what it is, but it's there like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me."
  •  

BrianaJ

I don't know Kim, I see a pretty significant change as I scrolled down from pic to pic.  Your eyes in particular.  I do wish you could see what we see.  And I have to say, you looked so sad in some kind of way in the pic where you were sitting on the park bench. 
~~Be kind~~
  •  

Lisa89125

Quote from: Sky1090 on December 20, 2018, 08:50:17 PM
Well, I broke the rules with obscene pictures before so I'll update to something s little more family friendly lol. Sorry moderators...

Managed to find one picture of before from my brothers wedding 18 months ago. Note Beardsley McGee refusing to smile... i mean come on, it's your brothers wedding! Sadly, I never really smiled in pictures. If I did it was forced. Hell, lucky you can even see my face in this picture. I typically hid behind my hand or phone to hide my face. Cannot wait to start hormones and progressing towards finally living full time as myself.

Sky, I would have never even be able to tell your not on HRT yet. Your facial features look so feminine to me. I'm jealous girl!

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Sky1090

Quote from: Lisa89125 on December 21, 2018, 01:01:29 PM
Sky, I would have never even be able to tell your not on HRT yet. Your facial features look so feminine to me. I'm jealous girl!

Lisa

Thanks hun :)

I'm seriously my own worst enemy. Like, I'm absolutely happier and more comfortable in my body now for the most part. I still have this issue of totally judging myself though. I look in the mirror and all I see is beard shadow and that guy in the first picture. I can carry myself with confidence as long as I'm with someone. If I'm alone though? Forget it. It's comments like yours that give me the confidence to be me. It would just be nice if dysphoria could give me at least a 24 hour break lol

•  

Lisa89125

Quote from: Sky1090 on December 21, 2018, 01:14:28 PM
Thanks hun :)

I'm seriously my own worst enemy. Like, I'm absolutely happier and more comfortable in my body now for the most part. I still have this issue of totally judging myself though. I'm my own worst critique. I look in the mirror and all I see is beard shadow and that guy in the first picture. Hmm, I see a pretty lady who looks gorgeous!!!  :)I can carry myself with confidence as long as I'm with someone. If I'm alone though? Forget it. Your weakness is also my weakness. I'm fine when I am with someone. On my own, Forget it. It's comments like yours that give me the confidence to be me. Awww, Thank you sweetie! It would just be nice if dysphoria could give me at least a 24 hour break lol I'd like it if dysphoria would take a vacation.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Well I think it is safe to say I do see a few changes

2018😊

•  

Linde

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on December 21, 2018, 04:08:26 PM

2018😊

You sure have changed a lot!

•  

Sky1090

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on December 21, 2018, 04:08:26 PM

2018[emoji4]

Oh just a few changes lol. You look great!

•  

GingerVicki

•